Are you a senior-level fundraising professional with a successful track record of securing major gifts?
We are currently in search of a Director of Philanthropy for a Cultural Institution. The position is based in Mountain View, CA.
ORGANIZATION TYPE: Cultural Institution
LOCATION: Mountain View, CA
POSITION TITLE: Director of Philanthropy
SALARY: $140K – $150K
Is This Your Dream Job? As a key member of the Development and Leadership team, the Director of Philanthropy is responsible for identifying and solicitating past, present, and future principal donors to support all programs of the organization. S/he will be a resourceful and proactive fundraiser who can work independently and collaborate with closely with team members to strategize diverse major donor solicitation strategies. As the Director of Philanthropy, you will be the point of contact for donors and will immerse yourself in the history, mission and programs of the organization.
Our Ideal Candidate:
- 5+ years of continued development, fundraising, and leadership experience, ideally at a director-level
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- Strategic data-minded thinker with an ability to consistently meet fundraising goals, including soliciting individual major gifts of $25K+
- Experience in developing a strategic capital campaign and acquiring gifts between five- and six-figures
- Skilled in building and working in a pipeline of 100+ donors
- Preferred knowledge of the Bay Area/ Silicon Valley philanthropic landscape, especially in the educational and tech sector
- Superior written and speaking communication skills, including public speaking
- Comfortable relating to donors, volunteers, staff members, and high-level external contacts; working in a collaborative office environment
- Must be able to travel regionally and domestically
- Passionate about the preservation of technological advancements and innovation
How You Will Spend Your Day:
- Strategize solicitations and securing major gifts form high-level trustee and non-trustee individual donors to implement and grow the organization’s programs and activities
- Consistently maintain a portfolio of 100+ active major gift prospects and check in regularly
- Collaborate with internal staff in identifying how to best engage and educate prospects on the organization’s mission and future
- Serve as the “face” of the Philanthropy team for the organization and as an open and direct line of communication for all donors
- Assist in event coordination to lead fundraising efforts and educate the public on new programs
- Attend and present updates on fundraising efforts to fellow colleagues and to a Board of Directors
- Work closely with the Executive team, Board of Directors, and key supports in raising funds and developing marketing and communication strategies
We’d love to hear from you.
If this sounds like the job for you, we would love to help make that happen. Please submit a resume to email@example.com with “Director of Philanthropy” in the subject line.
Know a friend who would be a great fit? Feel free to send us their resume as well.
Is this position not a great fit?
For more information about Careers In Nonprofits and our other available opportunities and workshops, please visit our website at www.careersinnonprofits.com.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we regretfully can only respond to those candidates who best meet the requirements of a specific position or whose backgrounds are generally applicable to our client base. Please rest assured that we retain all candidate information for possible future matches, even if you do not hear from us in regard to your application in response to this ad.