Are you an ambitious Planned Giving professional, seeking an exciting opportunity on a national nonprofit development team?
We are currently in search of a Director of Planned Giving for an Environmental Organization. The position is based in San Francisco, CA.
ORGANIZATION TYPE: Environmental Organization
LOCATION: San Francisco, CA
POSITION TITLE: Director of Planned Giving
ANNUAL SALARY: $125,000-135,000
Is This Your Dream Job? As the Director of Planned Giving reporting to the Chief Philanthropy Officer, you will develop and implement planned giving strategies that meet annual fundraising goals and reinforce the organization’s role as an international conservation nonprofit. With a diverse understanding of the full scope of planned giving and fundraising, you will serve as a results-oriented mentor to your team and colleagues to set goals and build out the department within the organization.
Our Ideal Candidate:
- JD or advanced degree preferred, BA considered with direct development experience
- 10+ years of demonstrated experience in development; 5+, specifically in planned giving
- Experience working with/for non-profit organizations
- Leadership experience managing a staff across various locations and time zones
- Strategic thinker with excellent written/verbal skills
- Strong project manager with flexible personality that can adapt when interacting with a diverse pool of donors
- Remains current on developments and trends in the planned giving world and aware of any legal changes that may occur
- Comfortable with frequent domestic travel
How You Will Spend Your Day:
- Collaborate directly with Chief Philanthropy Officer on fundraising and stewardship strategies
- Direct correspondence and coordinate frequent in-person meetings with key legacy donors
- Evaluate current and potential planned giving partnerships to develop and maintain a consistent high-level portfolio of active donors
- Act as institutional expert who can answer various questions about charitable giving
- Oversee the management of the planned giving donations, including life-estates, bequests, testamentary trusts, and charitable gift annuities
- Manage and lead the administration of real estate gifts, including evaluations, managing properties, and working with advisors to transact real estate gifts
- Advise the donors, staff, finance, and legal team on complex gift transactions, including life insurance, real estate, and stock transfers
- Enthusiastically manage and train a team of development professionals
We’d love to hear from you.
If this sounds like the job for you, we would love to help make that happen. Please submit a resume to email@example.com with “Director of Planned Giving” in the subject line.
Know a friend who would be a great fit? Feel free to send us their resume as well.
Is this position not a great fit?
For more information about Careers In Nonprofits and our other available opportunities and workshops, please visit our website at www.careersinnonprofits.com.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we regretfully can only respond to those candidates who best meet the requirements of a specific position or whose backgrounds are generally applicable to our client base. Please rest assured that we retain all candidate information for possible future matches, even if you do not hear from us in regard to your application in response to this ad.