Are you a mission-driven professional, seeking an exciting opportunity on a nonprofit development team? Do you enjoy engaging with your community and donors? Are you empowered by achieving goals with your team and growing professionally?
We are currently in search of a Director of Planned Giving for a Foundation. The position is based in Mountain View, CA. This is a permanent position.
ORGANIZATION TYPE: Foundation
LOCATION: Mountain View, CA
POSITION TITLE: Director of Planned Giving
Is This Your Dream Job? As the Director of Planned Giving reporting to the Vice President of Development, you will develop and implement planned giving strategies that meet annual fundraising goals and reinforce the foundation’s role as a global philanthropic enterprise. In addition to being a charitable giving expert, you will have many roles as an administrator, advocate, and storyteller.
Our Ideal Candidate:
- MA or advanced degree preferred, BA considered with direct development experience
- 5+ years of demonstrated experience in development
- Experience working with/for community-based organizations and foundations
- Leadership experience managing a staff based in various locations
- Strategic thinker with excellent written/verbal skills
- Flexible personality that can adapt when interacting with a diverse pool of donors
- Up to date on developments in the planned giving world and aware of any legal changes that may occur
How You Will Spend Your Day:
- Collaborate directly with Vice President of Development on fundraising and stewardship strategies
- Direct correspondence and meetings with key legacy donors
- Evaluate current and potential planned giving partnerships with nonprofits and corporations
- Act as institutional expert who can answer various questions about charitable giving
- Oversee the management of the planned giving portfolio, including life-estates, bequests, and charitable gift annuities
- Conduct outreach to local and national nonprofits
- Plan and participate in external and internal conferences that promote the foundation’s planned giving services
- Manage and lead the administration of real estate gifts, including evaluations, managing properties, and working with advisors to transact real estate gifts
- Advise the foundation on complex gift transactions, including life insurance, real estate, and stock transfers
- Speak and present at industry conferences to improve foundation visibility
- Manage and train a team of development professionals
We’d love to hear from you.
If this sounds like the job for you, we would love to help make that happen. Please submit a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Director of Planned Giving” in the subject line.
Know a friend who would be a great fit? Feel free to send us their resume as well.
Is this position not a great fit?
For more information about Careers In Nonprofits and our other available opportunities and workshops, please visit our website at www.careersinnonprofits.com.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we regretfully can only respond to those candidates who best meet the requirements of a specific position or whose backgrounds are generally applicable to our client base. Please rest assured that we retain all candidate information for possible future matches, even if you do not hear from us in regard to your application in response to this ad.