Do you have recruiting and/or sales experience in an agency setting?
Do you have demonstrated leadership skills that lead to positive results?
Are you seeking an opportunity where you can make a difference and also control your income potential?
We are currently in search of a Division Manager, Temporary Division for Careers In Nonprofits. The position is based in Downtown Chicago. This is a full-time, permanent position.
Position: Division Manager
Reports to: Managing Director
Travel: Local (up to 30%)
Is This Your Dream Job?
CAREERS IN NONPROFITS INC. is an award-winning, full-service staffing firm that works exclusively with the nonprofit sector. CNP has offices in downtown Atlanta, Chicago, San Francisco and Washington, DC, four of the largest nonprofit markets in the country. Careers In Nonprofits was founded in 2006 by nonprofit recruiting and staffing leader, Nurys Harrigan-Pedersen, whose leadership continues to ensure high-quality service delivered by nonprofit and hiring experts.
CNP offers an energetic, fast-paced environment with considerable room for professional growth and advancement. CNP is dedicated to employing superstars and is committed to providing the highest standards of mentorship and leadership to employees. By providing rigorous, ongoing training and development of staff, as well as certification of all members of the leadership team, we develop and empower our staff to be the experts in all things nonprofit staffing and recruiting. Most importantly, we support staff to become the best version of themselves, which in turn ensures a healthy and productive work culture for all. CNP provides competitive compensation and benefits packages.
Our Ideal Candidate:
- 1 – 3 years of management/leadership experience in a production based environment
- 3 – 5 years of successful recruiting or sales experience
- Bachelor degree required; Master degree desired
- Experience using a relational database with strong computer skills in MS Office and Internet research; Social Media experience is a plus
- Knowledge of and/or experience in nonprofit sector
- Possess the ability to work in a fast-paced environment, act with a sense of urgency, prioritize and multi-task, provide excellent service, and be a team player
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills, decision-making skills, and interpersonal skills are required
- Excellent negotiation skills
- Previous interviewing and hiring experience
- Analytical skills and demonstrated ability to apply data outcomes to recruitment strategies and employee development
- Proven ability to train and motivate employees
- Public speaking experience is a plus
How You Will Spend Your Day:
At CNP, Division Managers are fully responsible for the development and implementation of the recruiting process and for overseeing production (client services and candidate management) for a division in one of our local offices. Division Managers oversee sourcing, phone screening, and interviewing of qualified nonprofit professional candidates to develop a strong candidate pool for Temporary and Direct Hire placements as well as outreach to prospective, current, and lapsed clients toward increasing market share in a specific market. Division Managers manage a small portfolio of clients in addition to serving as the main point person for business development for the division. The Division Manager will report to the Managing Director and oversee a team of Recruiters and Recruiting Coordinators.
- Oversee hiring, performance management, and personnel management of team of production staff including recruiters and recruiting coordinators
- Manage production and activity goals through regular data tracking & assessment of activity reports as well as development & coaching of staffing
- Analyze production outcomes and make appropriate decisions regarding staff training needs and development and make recommendations regarding training needs to senior leadership
- Lead goal setting and tracking for divisional staff by creating and delivering quarterly goal sheets, providing on-going feedback, and completing quarterly goal management process by assigning appropriate scores and providing feedback on the goal sheet and during the goal meeting
- Motivate and mentor staff and ensure teams have the resources needed to hit production goals
- Lead meetings and trainings with staff to ensure proper communication of search statuses and completion of appropriate activity toward production goals
- Attend leadership meetings and provide reports on divisional production as well as insight into strength areas and areas of improvement
- Explore market best practices in both staffing and recruiting and the nonprofit sector and implement appropriate best practices
- Monitor the labor legislation and implement required changes to keep the process compliant
- Monitor and constantly reduce the costs of the recruitment process
- Demonstrate professionalism and behavior consistent with CNP’s Code of Conduct
- Identify and train new staff as needed for division following CNP’s hiring and training guidelines
- Oversee and participate in outreach to prospective (including current and lapsed) clients through management of client lists, guidance and training through the sales process, and conducting prospect calls/emails
- Determine and meet established growth metrics for new and expanded business in local market
- Maintain a healthy sales pipeline to ensure quarterly and yearly sales objectives are consistently achieved or exceeded
- In collaboration with Managing Director, develop strategies to identify new clients/partners and establish new relationships within nonprofit sector
- Conduct client visits and attend networking events in local area on a regular basis
- Negotiate new and on-going contracts with clients and vendor partners
Recruiting & Client Management
- Establish quality relationships with prospective, lapsed, and current clients as well as CNP candidates, vendors, and partners
- Manage a small portfolio of clients and contribute to production and activity goals of division through activities such as candidate interviews and successful candidate placement
- Develop new recruiting strategies to address the need of current hiring market
- Handle complex and escalated customer service issues
- Oversee the achievement and maintenance of high levels of customer service
- Check in with existing clients regularly to ensure the highest quality of service
Other Duties & Responsibilities
- Complete projects as assigned by senior and executive leadership
- Complete required trainings, certifications, and on-going education
- Work in collaboration with Operations department towards management and tracking of temps and candidates (background checks, new hire paperwork, I-9 documents, start up records, etc.)
- Work in collaboration with senior and executive leadership to ensure accurate and timely commission payments to production staff
- Ensure proper data tracking and management of all divisional and personal activities
- Track and manage all outgoing invoice requests to our vendor as well as proper invoicing of our client
- Oversee and participate in collections process as directed by senior and executive leadership
- Present on panels and to small audiences on various topics related to nonprofit recruiting and staffing
- Other duties as assigned
We’d love to hear from you!
If this sounds like the job for you, we would love to help make that happen. Please submit a resume to email@example.com with “Division Manager” in the subject line.
Know a friend who would be a great fit? Feel free to send us their resume as well!
** Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we regretfully can only respond to those candidates who best meet the requirements of a specific position or whose backgrounds are generally applicable to our client base. Please rest assured that we retain all candidate information for possible future matches, even if you do not hear from us in regard to your application in response to this ad.