Are you a Development professional with 3+ years of high-level donor communications experience?
Are you familiar with endowment funding?
Do you thrive in a fast-paced, complex work environment?
We are currently in search of a Donor Communications Director for a Higher Education Institution. The position is based in Chicago, IL. This is a permanent, full-time assignment.
ORGANIZATION TYPE: Higher Education Institution
LOCATION: Chicago, IL
POSITION TITLE: Donor Communications Director
SALARY: $65,000 – $70,000
Is This Your Dream Job?
The Donor Communications Director promotes recognition communication opportunities to support campaign and donor communications for the division. This role develops and implements strategies to increase donor engagement, and analyzes and reports performance of such activity, with special emphasis placed on Major and Principal gift donors.
The Director works directly with fundraisers, staff, and faculty to produce endowment, scholarship, loan fund, and other impact reports. S/he also leads the gift acknowledgement process for Trustees, and produces a wide-range of high-level donor correspondence.
This role manages a small team of direct reports, overseeing their work and contributions to team projects and deliverables.
Our Ideal Candidate:
- 3+ years Development experience required
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Managerial experience of development personnel strongly preferred
- Professional experience in a university setting or similarly complex institution preferred
- Superb written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
- Polished, professional demeanor
- Strong organizational and analytical skills
- Expert ability to manage multiple priorities with minimal direction
- Able to travel locally and nationally as needed
How You Will Spend Your Day:
Donor Stewardship Reporting and Acknowledgements
- Work with fundraisers to develop and execute multi-faceted, written stewardship plans for key donors
- Identify and track, update and report on endowed funds, scholarships, loan funds, expendable gifts and grants, and other contributions that require formal reporting
- Draft and manage all acknowledgements for Trustees and assist in content and template development for other acknowledgements
Donor Communications Writing
- Work in partnership with colleagues within Communications, Marketing, and Web Services to produce and/or contribute to multi-media communications for various development audiences
- Recommend methods of communication for development audience, and distribution channels
We’d love to hear from you.
If this sounds like the job for you, we would love to help make that happen. Please submit a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Donor Communications Director” in the subject line.
Know a friend who would be a great fit? Feel free to send us their resume as well.
Is this position not a great fit?
For more information about Careers In Nonprofits and our other available opportunities and workshops, please visit our website at www.careersinnonprofits.com.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we regretfully can only respond to those candidates who best meet the requirements of a specific position or whose backgrounds are generally applicable to our client base. Please rest assured that we retain all candidate information for possible future matches, even if you do not hear from us in regard to your application in response to this ad.