Do you have at least 5 years of association experience?
Have you coordinated conferences and professional development programs?
Are you detail-oriented and a skilled project manager?
We are currently in search of an Education Project Manager for an Association. The position is based in Northern Chicagoland. This is a full-time, permanent position.
ORGANIZATION TYPE: Association
LOCATION: Northern Chicagoland
POSITION TITLE: Education Project Manager
SALARY: $65,000 – 70,000
Is This Your Dream Job?
The Education Project Manager oversees the educational components and faculty coordination for all national and regional conferences and all associated products as part of a collaborative cross-functional team.
Our client is an association providing education and resources to health care professionals.
- Health, Dental and Vision
- Vacation and PTO Time
- Many more additional benefits
Our Ideal Candidate:
- Bachelor’s degree or an equivalent experience required
- Project Management experience required
- 5-7 years of experience coordinating educational initiatives, professional development or conference activities required
- Association experience required
- Previous conference planning or experience in the coordination of professional development activities
- Excellent organizational and analytical skills; ability to work under pressure with short deadlines
- Excellent collaborative communication and interpersonal skills, with a demonstrated commitment to customer service
- Detail oriented; ability to follow instructions and to ask questions for clarification
- Uses logic and methods to solve problems with effective solutions; applies a proactive approach to problems and communicates as appropriately with supervisor
- Ability to prioritize multiple and varied tasks within established deadlines, with minimal supervision
- Computer proficiency in Word; data base systems including Access and Excel; Power Point
- Ability to interface with staff and external relationships in a professional manner
How You Will Spend Your Day:
- Provide project management for educational components of selected educational initiatives, such as annual conference, conference on demand and regional conferences, including development of project and communication plans and timelines for deliverables
- Manage all conference-related educational activities, including the call for proposals, the development of the educational blueprint for traditional and innovative conference sessions, room assignments, signage requests and supply coordination to the Education Planning Team, Meeting Services, Business Development, and other stakeholders
- Manage all conference educational session information including course content, the course evaluation process and coordination in collaboration with the accreditation team and the director, as well as coordination of the abstract submission process for research posters
- Collaborate with other stakeholders in the development of conference mobile event app, including ePoster gallery and app and other digital deliverables
- Manage all conference faculty relationships and communications, including faculty expectations, travel, and paperwork compliance, population of the faculty database, and supplying needed information to marketing, meetings, and communications
- Serve as an additional staff liaison to the Education Planning committee, in collaboration with the director, ensuring that all educational conference elements are on-time, within scope and consistent with budgeted resources
- Create and maintain templated comprehensive project documentation, as well as standard operating procedures for conference education and other deliverables, with a focus on continuous improvement
- Facilitate the dissemination of conference content through collaboration with internal and external stakeholders in the development of innovative conference-related products
- Empower employees to take responsibility for their jobs and goals
- Collaborate with Human Resources for the recruiting, onboarding, retention, professional development and performance management of staff
- Contribute to the workplace culture that is consistent with the association’s culture statement and emphasizes the mission, vision and values of the organization
We’d love to hear from you.
If this sounds like the job for you, we would love to help make that happen. Please submit a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Education Project Manager” in the subject line.
Know a friend who would be a great fit? Feel free to send us their resume as well.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we regretfully can only respond to those candidates who best meet the requirements of a specific position or whose backgrounds are generally applicable to our client base. Please rest assured that we retain all candidate information for possible future matches, even if you do not hear from us in regard to your application in response to this ad.