Do you have 1+ years of administrative experience?
Are you passionate about event coordination?
We are currently in search of an Events Assistant for an International Membership Organization. The position is based in Washington, DC. This is a full-time, temporary to permanent assignment.
ORGANIZATION TYPE: International Membership Organization
LOCATION: Washington, DC
POSITION TITLE: Events Assistant
SCHEDULE: 37.5 hours/week
HOURLY PAY: $16.00 – $18.00/hour
Is This Your Dream Job? The Events Assistant will work closely with the Director of Events, Senior Events Manager and other Events team members providing administrative support for 40+ events throughout the year.
Our Ideal Candidate:
- 2-5 years of administrative experience
- Experience with events or meetings highly preferred
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Salesforce experience a plus
- Able to multi-task with ease and adapt to ever changing priorities
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Able to juggle multiple projects and personalities at once
- High attention to detail
How You Will Spend Your Day:
- Assist with scheduling and set up of conference calls and meetings
- Manage and maintain planning documents
- Maintain general email inbox for organization
- Draft and edit correspondence, newsletters, web content and member bios
- Additional duties as assigned
We’d love to hear from you.
If this sounds like the job for you, we would love to help make that happen. Please submit a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Events Assistant” in the subject line.
Know a friend who would be a great fit? Feel free to send us their resume as well!
Is this position not a great fit?
For more information about Careers In Nonprofits and our other available opportunities and workshops, please visit our website at www.careersinnonprofits.com.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we regretfully can only respond to those candidates who best meet the requirements of a specific position or whose backgrounds are generally applicable to our client base. Please rest assured that we retain all candidate information for possible future matches, even if you do not hear from us in regard to your application in response to this ad.