Do you have 3+ years of experience coordinating large-scale events? Are you an organized, customer service professional? Have you worked in nonprofit organizations?
We are currently in search of an Events Manager/Coordinator for an Environmental Organization. The position is based in Palo Alto, CA. This is a temporary, part-time assignment.
ORGANIZATION TYPE: Environmental Organization
LOCATION: Palo Alto, CA
POSITION TITLE: Events Manager/ Coordinator
DURATION: 2-3 months (10-15 hours/wk to start, increasing to 30 towards assignment end)
Is This Your Dream Job? Reporting to the interim Director of Development, the Events Manager/ Coordinator will manage all event preparation aspects for the organization’s annual fundraising gala. You will be working closely with internal and external stakeholders to ensure all details, from planning to execution, run smoothly for all attendees and manage all event communications. As an Events Manager/Coordinator, you will also possess a high-level of customer service at all times and will be able to communicate effectively in a fast-paced environment.
Our Ideal Candidate:
- 3-5 years of event planning, administrative, and communications experience
- HS Diploma required; Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- Prior registration experience a plus
- Passionate about making an impact within a nonprofit organization
- Familiarity with fundraising and working with a Board of Directors
- Strong computer skills, including Microsoft Office suite, mail merges
- Understanding of databases, such as eTapestry
- Advanced written and verbal communications
- Possess a high-level of discretion, work on tight deadlines, and positive outlook
How You Will Spend Your Day:
- Manage all details of event, including invitations, ticket sales, AV aspects, and social media posts
- Coordinating and planning administrative details, such as producing name tags, updating RSVP list, table reservations, and bid assignments
- Collaborate with event committee members and contractors day-of to arrange set up and oversee event flow
- Work with volunteers and vendors, including caterers and performers, and create presentation materials
- Respond to all communications in a timely manner and serve as point of contact
- Additional duties as assigned
We’d love to hear from you.
If this sounds like the job for you, we would love to help make that happen. Please submit a resume to email@example.com with “Events Manager/ Coordinator” in the subject line.
Know a friend who would be a great fit? Feel free to send us their resume as well.
Is this position not a great fit?
For more information about Careers In Nonprofits and our other available opportunities and workshops, please visit our website at www.careersinnonprofits.com.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we regretfully can only respond to those candidates who best meet the requirements of a specific position or whose backgrounds are generally applicable to our client base. Please rest assured that we retain all candidate information for possible future matches, even if you do not hear from us in regard to your application in response to this ad.