Do you have experience leading exercise and yoga classes?
We are currently in search of an Exercise Specialist for a Wellness and Education Organization. The position is multi-location throughout Chicagoland. This is a temporary, part-time assignment.
ORGANIZATION TYPE: Wellness and Education Organization
LOCATION: Multiple Locations
POSITION TITLE: Exercise Specialist
SALARY: Commensurate with experience
Is This Your Dream Job? This position is responsible for facilitating innovative exercise and mind body movement programs at the organization’s main location and our partner locations around Chicagoland. This position facilitates exercise classes, yoga classes, and exercise consultations for people affected by diseases. Additionally, this position ensures that required consents and assessments are completed prior to enrollment in exercise classes and that the exercise room and equipment are maintained.
Our Ideal Candidate:
Education: Bachelor’s degree in health-related field such as Exercise Physiology or equivalent experience; Yoga Certification; Cancer Exercise Specialist or Certified Cancer Exercise Trainer or ability to obtain required.
- Job Experience: Prior experience leading exercise and yoga classes. Experience working with a medical patient population, ideally with a cancer patient population.
- Special Knowledge & Skills: Solid understanding and appreciation of the fundamental principles of safe exercise programming; general computer skills, including knowledge of Microsoft Office Products such as Word and Excel; good interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Demonstrated Competencies: Ability to conduct multiple exercise classes, including supervising aerobic conditioning and demonstrating strength, weight, and core training; ability to communicate effectively both verbally and written; ability to collaborate with peers and provide constructive feedback to others; desire to work as a team member and accomplish the larger goals of the organization.
How You Will Spend Your Day:
- Conduct exercise classes and cover for absences of other exercise program staff as needed or requested.
- Schedule and conduct individual exercise consults, as requested by participants or as referred by the Program Manager.
- Assist individual participants in setting exercise related goals and recommend appropriate classes.
- Update participant files to include a current medical release form, health history, informed consent waiver, and orientation documentation.
- Enter participant efforts into MBO as appropriate for programs or services delivered in a timely fashion.
- Assist with exercise registration process and record exercise class attendance.
- Ensure exercise room facility is in good working order, including maintenance of equipment, availability of supplies, and adherence to infection control practices. Report to Office Manager and/or Program Manager in a timely manner any observations of malfunction or inadequacy of the facility such that it would compromise the safety of staff and/or participants, as well have a negative impact on the delivery of programs.
We’d love to hear from you.
If this sounds like the job for you, we would love to help make that happen. Please submit a resume to email@example.com with “Exercise Specialist” in the subject line.
Know a friend who would be a great fit? Feel free to send us their resume as well.
Is this position not a great fit?
For more information about Careers In Nonprofits and our other available opportunities and workshops, please visit our website at www.careersinnonprofits.com.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we regretfully can only respond to those candidates who best meet the requirements of a specific position or whose backgrounds are generally applicable to our client base. Please rest assured that we retain all candidate information for possible future matches, even if you do not hear from us in regard to your application in response to this ad.