Does helping a new organization grow and develop excite you?
Are you highly organized and detail-oriented?
Do you thrive in a fast-paced and rapidly changing environment?
We are currently in search of an Executive Assistant for a Civic & Social Organization. The position is based in Chicago, IL. This is a full-time, permanent position.
ORGANIZATION TYPE: Civic & Social Organization
LOCATION: Chicago, IL
POSITION TITLE: Executive Assistant
Is This Your Dream Job?
The Executive Assistant to play a key role in helping develop and manage critical internal operations, provide administrative support and assist senior leadership. Reporting directly to the Executive Director, the Executive Assistant provides executive support to both the Executive Director and Director of Programs. The Executive Assistant also serves as a liaison to the board of directors and senior management teams; organizes and coordinates executive outreach and external relations efforts; and oversees special projects.
Our client is a Civic & Social Organization aspiring to educate and spread awareness about social justice within our communities.
- Monthly Care Reimbursement Allowance
- Flexible Scheduling
Our Ideal Candidate:
- Bachelors degree or equivalent experience required
- Demonstrated ability to write effective business communications (press releases, newsletters, etc.)
- Demonstrated proactive approaches to problem-solving with strong decision-making capability
- Highly resourceful team-player, with the ability to also be extremely effective independently
- Proven ability to handle confidential information with discretion, be adaptable to various competing demands, and demonstrate the highest level of customer/client service and response
- Demonstrated ability to achieve high performance goals and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Forward looking thinker, who actively seeks opportunities and proposes solutions
- Experience with database management (Philanthropic software such as Raiser’s Edge, Foundant preferred but not necessary)
- High level of fluency in a range of digital tools and software, including Google Suites, Microsoft Office, Dropbox required
- Strong interpersonal skills, personal maturity and ability to engage in self-observation and improvement
- Friendly demeanor and ability to effectively collaborate and engage with a wide range of stakeholders from a diverse backgrounds, perspectives, styles and cultures
- Ability to attend and participate in events and activities outside core business hours (early morning, evening, occasional weekends)
- Enthusiasm about and knowledge of issues related to diversity
How You Will Spend Your Day:
- Completes a broad variety of administrative tasks for the Executive Director and Director of Programs including but not limited to: managing an extremely active calendar of appointments; completing expense reports; composing and preparing correspondence that is sometimes confidential; arranging complex and detailed travel plans, itineraries, and agendas; and compiling documents for travel-related meetings
- Prioritizes conflicting needs; handles matters expeditiously, proactively, and follows-through on projects to successful completion, often with deadline pressures
- Manage incoming email and communication requests
- Manage logistics for special events programming, including convenings and fundraisers
- Coordinate event notices, invitations and participant registration
- Coordinate the preparation and distribution of event materials
- Coordinate post-event communications and other follow-up
- Help implement efficient processes and procedures (this includes managing our internal files, creating efficient file sharing systems, etc.)
- Provide executive assistance to Executive Director and Director of Programs
- Create and maintain agendas for team meetings, retreats and other team functions
We’d love to hear from you.
If this sounds like the job for you, we would love to help make that happen. Please submit a resume to email@example.com with “Executive Assistant” in the subject line.
Know a friend who would be a great fit? Feel free to send us their resume as well.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we regretfully can only respond to those candidates who best meet the requirements of a specific position or whose backgrounds are generally applicable to our client base. Please rest assured that we retain all candidate information for possible future matches, even if you do not hear from us in regard to your application in response to this ad.