Are you a detailed-oriented administrative professional? Do you have office management and board coordination experience? Are you interested in working for a social service organization?
We are currently in search of an Executive Assistant for a Social Service Organization. The position is based in San Francisco, CA. This is a permanent, full-time position.
ORGANIZATION TYPE: Social Service Organization
LOCATION: San Francisco, CA
POSITION TITLE: Executive Assistant
SALARY: $29 – $39/hour (~$60K – 80K/annual)
Is This Your Dream Job? As the Executive Assistant, you will provide direct support to the Chief Executive Officer and interact with the Board of Directors regularly, in addition to providing office support. You will take the lead on handling the CEO’s communications, including scheduling, and assist in implementing special projects and high-level events. Utilizing a high level of discretion, you will possess a superior level of judgement and excellent customer service skills to maintain an organized office environment and provide a friendly face to the organization and its stakeholders.
Our Ideal Candidate:
- 7-10 years of high-level administrative experience, specifically supporting a CEO and Board of Directors
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- Passionate about serving disenfranchised communities, specifically a geriatric population
- Advanced written and verbal communication skills, including experience working in a database
- Adept in all Microsoft Office Suite Programs (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, Excel)
- Possesses a friendly and approachable demeaner, positive attitude, and genuine interest in interacting with staff, clients, Board, and donors
- Ability to work occasional nights and weekends as required organizational meetings and events
- Must be able to travel to multiple office locations for administrative purposes
- Bilingual in Spanish and/or Cantonese, a plus
How You Will Spend Your Day:
- Provide high-level administrative support to the CEO by effectively responding to all communications on their behalf, and act as primary point of contact between C-level staff members and stakeholders
- Schedule and prepare all board meetings, including preparing comprehensive board materials, arranging catering, updating attendance, and taking detailed minutes
- Maintain a well-organized and accurate calendar; manage multiple priorities and work well under pressure
- Serve as lead executive-level event/ meeting coordinator by securing venues, negotiating contracts, and managing related budgets
- Develop working relationships with board committee chairs and members
- Update departmental budgets and pull reports as needed; take leadership on special projects at the request of the CEO
We’d love to hear from you.
If this sounds like the job for you, we would love to help make that happen. Please submit a resume to email@example.com with “Executive Assistant” in the subject line.
Know a friend who would be a great fit? Feel free to send us their resume as well.
Is this position not a great fit?
For more information about Careers In Nonprofits and our other available opportunities and workshops, please visit our website at www.careersinnonprofits.com.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we regretfully can only respond to those candidates who best meet the requirements of a specific position or whose backgrounds are generally applicable to our client base. Please rest assured that we retain all candidate information for possible future matches, even if you do not hear from us in regard to your application in response to this ad.