Do you have great communication and organizational skills?
Are you highly motivated and a self-starter, with administrative experience?
Are you both detail-oriented and enjoy interacting with others?
We are currently in search of an Executive Assistant for an Educational Institution in Washington, DC. This is a full-time, permanent assignment.
ORGANIZATION TYPE: Educational Institution
LOCATION: Washington, DC
POSITION TITLE: Executive Assistant
Salary: $45,000—55,000/ annual
Is This Your Dream Job? The Executive Assistant position provides support to two executives. You will be a member of a team responsible for providing support services to the faculty, staff, students and parents. This is a highly visible and interacting position within the organization. The candidate will also provide general administrative and office management support to the rest of the team.
- 12 days of paid sick days per year
- Employer pays 3% of an employee’s annual salary into pension plan
- Employer pays 60% of monthly health coverage
- Flexible spending accounts for medical expenses
- Free parking
- All major holidays off
- 2 weeks off in the summer
How You Will Spend Your Day:
- Provide administrative support to the executives, calendar maintenance, and other support needs
- Greet and direct all visitors as well as screen and direct phone calls
- Manage curriculum board, student attendance and health records
- Coordinate substitutes and tutors
- Order and manage inventory of office supplies
- Support faculty recruitment process
- Administration of first aid and medication to students
Our Ideal Candidate:
- Bachelor’s degree is required
- Minimum 2 years of office experience
- Proficiency with all Google applications required
- Must have strong oral and written communication skills
- Must have strong organizational and multi-tasking skills
- Must enjoy interacting with teenagers and their parents
- Previous experience working in a school a plus
- Previous experience working with Blackbaud is desirable
- Familiarity with DC DOH Immunization Reporting highly desirable
- Certification as Medical Administration Tech highly desirable – will be required to obtain/update upon hire
- Flexibility, a sense of humor and the ability to remain calm in a chaotic environment is absolutely a must
We’d love to hear from you.
If this sounds like the job for you, we would love to help make that happen. Please submit a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Executive Assistant” in the subject line.
Know a friend who would be a great fit? Feel free to send us their resume as well.
Is this position not a great fit?
For more information about Careers In Nonprofits and our other available opportunities and workshops, please visit our website at www.careersinnonprofits.com.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we regretfully can only respond to those candidates who best meet the requirements of a specific position or whose backgrounds are generally applicable to our client base. Please rest assured that we retain all candidate information for possible future matches, even if you do not hear from us in regard to your application in response to this ad.