Do you have 3-5 years of experience supporting c-level executives?
Are you detail oriented and an independent problem solver?
Do you have the ability to multi-task and prioritize responsibilities?
We are currently in search of an Executive Assistant/Office Manager for a Civic & Social Organization. The position is based in Chicago, IL. This is a Permanent, Full-Time position.
ORGANIZATION TYPE: Civic & Social Organization
LOCATION: Chicago, IL
POSITION TITLE: Executive Assistant/Office Manager
Is This Your Dream Job?
The Executive Assistant/Office Manager generates major programmatic and fundraising opportunities for the organization, and works closely with individual donors. This position also coordinates the general operations of the organization by managing reception and our office facilities while providing general support for team-wide functions.
Our client is a Civic & Social Organization aspiring to educate and spread awareness about interfaith cooperation.
- 15 days of vacation to new hires
- Floating holidays for you to observe days that are important to you
- Free medical, dental and vision coverage for all full-time employees
- Coverage to dependents with only a small contribution from staff
- 403(b) plan with employer contributions
Our Ideal Candidate:
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- 5 years of work experience required, 3-5 years in supporting C-Level Executives, preferably in a nonprofit organization
- High-level of religious literacy and fluency in diversity, pluralism, and inclusion preferred
- Proven organizational skills that reflect the ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks and be adaptable to competing demands
- Strong competence in Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel); willing to learn and utilize organization-wide constituent relationship management software
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to build relationships with staff, external partners, and donors
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated proactive approach to problem solving with strong decision-making capability
- Ability to see the big picture and make strategic decisions accordingly
- Collaborative nature and a proactive thinker who actively seeks opportunities and proposes solutions
- Proven ability to handle confidential information with discretion.
- Self-motivated and independently sets a high bar of excellence for their work
- Ability to meet deadlines and work well under pressure while maintaining attention to detail
- Diversity candidates encouraged to apply
How You Will Spend Your Day:
- Manages an active calendar of appointments and travel for our President and Founder
- Liaises with the President’s Campus Relations team to arrange logistics of President’s campus visits and higher-education-related travel
- Partners with appropriate team members in preparation for trips, ensuring smooth and managed travel
- Arranges complex and detailed travel plans for the President and the Vice President of Advancement, including itineraries, agendas and materials for related meetings
- Communicates directly, and on behalf of the President, with donors, staff, campus partners and others, on matters related to the President’s programmatic initiatives
- Works with President and other internal stakeholders to manage email; ensure appropriate communication with relevant internal and external parties
- Serves as a “gatekeeper” for the President and proactively engages with Executive Team and staff to ensure cross-departmental communication
- Schedules and coordinates logistics for Executive Office meetings
- Prioritizes conflicting needs of the President to ensure that President’s time is deployed strategically
- Handles all of the President’s matters expeditiously, proactively and follows through on projects to successful completion, often with deadline pressures
- Prepares expense reports, payment requests, and other standard forms and documents
- Reconciles Executive Team credit card purchases, obtaining signatures, receipts and submitting to Accounting
- Manages the budget(s) of the Executive Office
- Occasionally copy edits President’s writing for publication
- Supports President with personal affairs when necessary
- Supports all Executive Team members with administrative needs such as scheduling, meeting logistics, data entry and ordering supplies
- Manages day-to-day office operations, including administration, kitchen and supply stocking, postage/shipping/mail distribution, office inventory, organizing workspaces, and facilities improvements
- Acts as the main point-of contact for staff to submit any facilities-related issues
- Ensures all aspects of the office are clean, functional and safe.
- Manages company reception to ensure timely and tactful telephone, email, face-to-face, and mail communications with internal and external contacts at all levels
- Implements office systems, procedures and equipment procurement to maintain and improve office efficiency
- Maintains an updated contact list of office vendors and tracks service requests and purchase requests to ensure the provision of efficient and cost-effective services
- Assists in developing and maintaining well-organized administrative files
- Assists with supplies and preparations for organization programs, events, and travel
- Occasional evening and weekend hours will be required to address travel or other timely Presidential, organizational, and facility needs
We’d love to hear from you.
If this sounds like the job for you, we would love to help make that happen. Please submit a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Executive Assistant/Office Manager” in the subject line.
Know a friend who would be a great fit? Feel free to send us their resume as well.