Do you have 5+ years at senior level fundraising and business development experience?
Do you have experience with and a passion for education and the youth?
Are you energetic, goal-oriented, and resilient in the work place?
We are currently in search of an Executive Director for an Educational Social Service Organization. The position is based in Washington, DC. This is a part-time, permanent position.
ORGANIZATION TYPE: Educational Social Service Organization
LOCATION: Washington, D.C.
POSITION TITLE: Executive Director
DURATION: Part-time permanent (10-15 hours/week)
Is This Your Dream Job?
The Executive Director serves as the chief executive officer and reports to the founders of the organization. They are responsible for developing and implementing the organization’s fundraising strategy and working in collaboration with the founders with major donor fundraising, sponsorships, grant writing, event planning, and online & social media engagement.
Our Ideal Candidate:
- 5+ years of experience at senior level fundraising and business development
- BA degree
- Non-profit fundraising experience
- Excellent communications skills with the ability to deliver high-quality presentations and speak in public settings.
- Strong organizational and planning skills
- Passion for education and the youth
- Ability to travel international at least one week per year
- Preference of Christian faith
How You Will Spend Your Day:
- Collaborating with the founders to develop & lead strategic efforts for long-term & short-term organizational success
- Development / fundraising/ outreach
- Maintain and update data on Donors, Children and Partner Schools.
- Manage online and social fundraising tools.
- Manage organization’s finances, tracking bank account, income and expenditures and distributing funds to operations (formal accounting is managed by external accountant).
We’d love to hear from you!
If this sounds like the job for you, we would love to help make that happen. Please submit a resume to email@example.com with “Executive Director” in the subject line.
Know a friend who would be a great fit? Feel free to send us their resume as well!
Is this position not a great fit?
For more information about Careers In Nonprofits and our other available opportunities and workshops, please visit our website at www.careersinnonprofits.com.
** Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we regretfully can only respond to those candidates who best meet the requirements of a specific position or whose backgrounds are generally applicable to our client base. Please rest assured that we retain all candidate information for possible future matches, even if you do not hear from us in regard to