Do you have 10 years executive/managerial experience?
Are you adept at fundraising and advocacy?
Do you have demonstrated experience working with Boards of Directors?
We are currently in search of an Executive Director for an Advocacy Organization. This assignment is a full-time, permanent position.
ORGANIZATION TYPE: Advocacy
LOCATION: Wethersfield, Connecticut
POSITION TITLE: Executive Director
- Act as chief administrative and program officer
- Develop and administer all operations and programs; providing oversight for all policies and practices
- Partner with Board of Directors, engage key stakeholders
- Responsible for stewardship of all human, material and fiscal assets
- Expand visibility, creating opportunities for strategic partnership and financial support
- Build relationships with corporate, nonprofit and government and funding communities
- Coordinate all activities, programs, and operations to assure they are meeting the mission of the organization as set forth by the BOD
- Act as the lead visionary and sets the course for new initiatives statewide
- Engage in strategic planning and organizational development on behalf of the organization for both the staff and BOD
- Serve as the lead advocate and negotiator for all issues; keep abreast of all applicable local, state and federal legislation which affects or may affect the operations and programs of the Council
- Lead fundraising and development initiatives and maintains funder relations
- Assure an adequate financial base for Council operations and followed; identify potential financial resources; plan and implement an annual budget; report to the Board of Directors, on a regular basis, regarding the budget status
- Develop an adequate staffing pattern; manage recruitment, selection, supervision, training and evaluation of personnel
- Maintain effective community relations; develop linkages in the community in order to increase the organization’s capacity for providing education, information, advocacy, and referrals; lead speaker for the Council
- Primary contact for all media and plan for appropriate media relations;
- All other duties as assigned
ESSENTIAL SKILLS AND EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree required (advanced degree preferred)
- Outstanding communications skills with the ability to interact with a broad range of audiences
- Nonprofit Board relations experience
We’d love to hear from you.
If this sounds like the job for you, we would love to help make that happen. Please submit a resume to email@example.com with “Executive Director” in the subject line.
Know a friend who would be a great fit? Feel free to send us their resume as well.
Is this position not a great fit?
For more information about Careers In Nonprofits and our other available opportunities and workshops, please visit our website at www.careersinnonprofits.com.
** Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we regretfully can only respond to those candidates who best meet the requirements of a specific position or whose backgrounds are generally applicable to our client base. Please rest assured that we retain all candidate information for possible future matches, even if you do not hear from us in regard to your application in response to this ad.