Do you have a minimum of 5 years experience in nonprofit management?
Are you passionate about working directly with the community?
Do you have a strong background in fundraising and a proven track record of successfully meeting your fundraising goals?
We are currently in search of an Executive Director for a National Health Foundation. The position is based in Pittsburgh, PA. This is a full-time, permanent position.
ORGANIZATION TYPE: National Health Foundation
LOCATION: Pittsburgh, PA
POSITION TITLE: Executive Director
Is This Your Dream Job?
The Executive Director will cultivate partnerships and alliances that will promote growth and awareness within the community. The Executive Director will provide professional leadership to the chapter and is accountable for local community management. In addition, the Executive Director will manage the implementation of the foundation’s mission through programs, fundraising events as well as board and volunteer development.
Our client is a national health foundation focused on providing research, education, and support to help cure multiple chronic diseases.
- Health, Dental and Vision
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Life, Short Term and Long Term Disability Insurance
- 403b Retirement Plan with Employer Match
- Vacation and PTO
Our Ideal Candidate:
- Resident of the Western Pennsylvania/Virginia area preferred
- BA/BS degree required
- Five to seven years in not-for-profit fundraising or association management required, preferably within a health-related organization
- Demonstrated track record of successful fundraising experience that includes special events, corporate/foundation giving, donor cultivation, public relations and stewardship required
- Previous experience in the identifying, recruiting and partnering with volunteers
- Proven and applicable skills in strategic thinking, committee leadership, account management and volunteer development
- Experience with influence management and persuasive authority over employees
- Experience in varied forms of communications including – mass media, advertising and community relations, as they relate to the health care service industry
- An effective communicator, both written and oral
- Proficiency in MS Office, Donor Direct, and Convio
- Some travel is required during weeknights and weekends
- Ability and willingness to be out of the office and in the community
- Good Credit History
How You Will Spend Your Day:
- Work with the chapter president in developing, recruiting and motivating local boards
- Identify, recruit and train volunteers
- Provide guidance to volunteers in carrying out assignments and recognition for their time and effort
- Create working committees as well as provide leadership and guidance to committees
- Develop and maintain excellent working relationships with board members, volunteers and donors
- Maintain positive relationships with leaders in the philanthropic community and with affiliated community organizations
- Collaboration, cultivation, identification and recruitment of revenue partners in order to maximize impact on special events
- Execute fundraising techniques to meet revenue targets through special events, individual and foundation gifts, 3rd party events, workplace giving and other chapter activities
- Responsible for identifying local major gift prospects and for collaborating with national major gift team
- Identification of walk leadership and corporate sponsorship
- Implement the cultivation, solicitation, follow-up and recognition process for individual, corporate and foundation participation and donations
- Maintain accurate and complete records and files for fundraising events, programs and activities
- Coordinate marketing and promotion for fundraising events and programs
- Partner with media outlets and cultivate relationships to maximize awareness
- Maintain communication with national directors
- Offer advice and assistance to chapter staff and encourage camaraderie in the work environment
- Provide leadership to chapter staff by facilitating communication across functional areas
- Participate in enterprise wide activities and any other chapter wide activities
- Direct administration of chapter financials, budget and operational plans
- Drive a financial ratio margins to meet overall chapter performance guidelines
We’d love to hear from you.
If this sounds like the job for you, we would love to help make that happen. Please submit a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Executive Director” in the subject line.
Know a friend who would be a great fit? Feel free to send us their resume as well.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we regretfully can only respond to those candidates who best meet the requirements of a specific position or whose backgrounds are generally applicable to our client base. Please rest assured that we retain all candidate information for possible future matches, even if you do not hear from us in regard to your application in response to this ad.