Are you a highly professional administrative assistant with excellent multi-tasking skills? Are you tech-savvy and ready to take on the world?
We are currently in search of a Executive/Membership Assistant for a Consumer Association. The position is based in Arlington, VA. This is a full-time, temporary assignment.
ORGANIZATION TYPE: Consumer Association
LOCATION: Arlington, VA (RR National Airport metro)
POSITION TITLE: Executive/Membership Assistant
SCHEDULE: 40 hours/week
HOURLY PAY: $16.00 – $20.00/hour
Is This Your Dream Job? Providing support to three different departments in a fast-paced professional office environment. The Membership/Operations Coordinator will work directly under the President providing general office management and administrative support while also supporting the membership and operations teams. This position requires a high level of professionalism and time-management skills.
Our Ideal Candidate:
- College degree and/or a minimum of 4-6 years of prior professional work experience in a similar role required.
- Experience as an Executive Assistant strongly preferred
- Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Office products, including expertise in Excel
- Clear understanding and use of database software to process and maintain information
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and team orientation.
- Strong grammar and proofreading skills
- Extreme attention to detail
- Professional demeanor and appearance in person and on the phone
- Strong customer service skills, be a team player and able to remain calm under pressure
- Ability to maintain confidential or sensitive information and utilize discretion
- Self-directed with excellent project and time management skills with an ability to organize, prioritize and accomplish multiple tasks with strict attention to detail and with minimal supervision.
- Familiar with computer, telephone, fax, copier, security system
- Ability to travel to conventions and conferences
- Ability to drive and travel locally to member locations
How You Will Spend Your Day:
- Provide daily administrative support for President’s Office
- Screen incoming calls for President’s Office to ensure continuity of coverage
- Communicate with members, partners and others to respond to inquiries, gather and confirm information
- Draft correspondence, general documents, forms and reports and maintain files
- Manage travel and expense account for President’s office including preparation of expense reports for President and CEO
- Coordinate and assemble all Board mailings
- Assist with other projects as needed or assigned
- Provide back-up support to the Receptionist to include covering for two 15 minutes breaks and a one hour for lunch (on a daily basis) and filling in at the front desk throughout the day as needed while the Receptionist performs other administrative duties.
- Maintain vendor records and communicate when necessary, to include: ordering supplies, calling in maintenance requests and ensuring requests are completed.
- Communicate with building management on building maintenance issues as needed.
- Utilize Excel to prepare spreadsheets to track department procedures.
- Assist with inventory of office equipment, furniture, and etc.
- As part of the Operations team, support the other functions of the team as needed, including but not limited to:
- helping with mail delivery
- sending and receiving shipments
- provide guidance to staff on general office protocols
- using a good working knowledge of the Operations Department processes in order to
- troubleshoot problems and field requests
- Assist with new hire orientation and staff departures
- Assist with dues renewal process for retail/wholesale member programs and track dues payments.
- Coordinate and execute ‘thank you for renewing’ process.
- Compile budget information for department accounts and enter information into reporting system.
- Maintain accurate information for members and prospects in the FMI database from multiple sources.
- Respond to, track and manage inbound membership inquiries via telephone and email members and prospective members regarding FMI events, membership and other related inquiries.
- Administrative support to include: answer and screen incoming inquiries and appropriately respond to requests for information; prepare, proof, and edit documents and reports; create, categorize, and maintain project management files; manage project management schedules focused on critical deadlines.
- Assists in scheduling member and prospect meetings, gathers and distributes FMI support materials for meetings and assists with follow-up.
- Staff lead regarding any communications technology e.g. SendSites, webinars, PowerPoint
- Staff lead on agenda maintenance and notes for all department meetings.
We’d love to hear from you.
If this sounds like the job for you, we would love to help make that happen. Please submit a resume to email@example.com with “Executive/Membership Assistant” in the subject line.
Know a friend who would be a great fit? Feel free to send us their resume as well!
Is this position not a great fit?
For more information about Careers In Nonprofits and our other available opportunities and workshops, please visit our website at www.careersinnonprofits.com.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we regretfully can only respond to those candidates who best meet the requirements of a specific position or whose backgrounds are generally applicable to our client base. Please rest assured that we retain all candidate information for possible future matches, even if you do not hear from us in regard to your application in response to this ad.