Are you a programs and administrative support professional?
Can you juggle multiple priorities simultaneously?
Do you have excellent verbal and written communications skills?
We are currently in search of a Family Program Coordinator for a Family Services Residence. The position is based in Bethesda, MD. This is a Permanent, full-time assignment.
ORGANIZATION TYPE: Family Services Residence
LOCATION: Bethesda, MD
POSITION TITLE: Family Program Coordinator
DURATION: Permanent / Direct Hire
SALARY: 40,000 – 43,000
Is This Your Dream Job? Overview: The Family Program Coordinator is responsible for providing administrative and program support for program operations. The Coordinator will have contact with residents, businesses, civic groups and interested members in the donor community. Responsibilities includes outreach, coordinating and facilitating diversionary family programs and activities, records management, coordination of meetings/activities, training sessions and other special projects as it relates to Family Programming and Community Outreach.
Our Ideal Candidate:
- 3-5 years of experience in community outreach and working with children and families support, preferably in a residential facility
- Bachelor’s Degree (Required)
- Ability to work under pressure and to be resourceful
- Detail oriented; proactive; self-motivated
- Spanish language skills (highly desired)
- Core hours will be: Mondays, Tuesdays and Wednesdays 10:00am to 6:30pm. Thursdays and Fridays 8:30am to 5:00pm
- Health, dental, vision, and life insurance.
- Leave benefits.
- Tuition reimbursement.
How You Will Spend Your Day:
Volunteers and Community Outreach Duties:
- Solicit and field program inquiries; foster and nurture partnerships with in-kind donor community.
- Coordinate and promote awareness through community events.
- Coordinate scheduling assignments for Community Outreach Ambassadors.
- Assist the Sr. Director of Volunteer Services & Community Outreach with identifying and recognizing long term donors through donor recognition program.
- Provide updates for Inn website to reflect The Inn’s community profiles.
- Promote Service Day projects and workshops with donor community groups.
- Ensure that thank you notes and in-kind donation forms are completed after community group activities.
Family Programming Duties:
- Facilitate program activities in coordination with Asst. Director of Program Operations and the Family Programming Team, to include in-house and field trip supervision.
- Enforce all policies related to Inn Residents and Family Programming activities.
- Provide administrative support as necessary for activity scheduling and communication with families. (i.e. completion of monthly activity calendar, promoting activities through Video Messaging System).
- Obtain donated special event tickets, post flyer announcement/sign-ups for residents, and arrange for transportation if needed.
- Coordinate the Family Dinner program to include scheduling and day-of-activity support.
- Manage and provide support for the holidays using Holiday Project Work Plan. Including decorations, resident gifts, and holiday activities.
- Support the Asst. Director of Program Operations in the recruitment, training, and supervision of program volunteers (Fun Team and student interns).
- Collaborate with the Asst. Director of Program Operations, and the Chief Program & Services Officer on issues and ideas related to family programs and activities.
- Attend monthly Programming meetings, joint meetings with Development/PR team, and quarterly department meetings.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Promote a homelike environment of support and understanding for residents.
- Serve as an ambassador in the community to promote mission to donors.
- Become familiar with programs and services as they relate to the families to better promote mission.
We’d love to hear from you.
If this sounds like the job for you, we would love to help make that happen. Please submit a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Family Program Coordinator” in the subject line.
Know a friend who would be a great fit? Feel free to send us their resume as well.
Is this position not a great fit?
For more information about Careers In Nonprofits and our other available opportunities and workshops, please visit our website at www.careersinnonprofits.com.