Are you a finance professional looking to make an impact in the world of addiction and mental health?
We are currently in search of a Finance Coordinator for a Membership Organization. The position is based in Alexandria, VA. This is a full-time, temporary assignment.
ORGANIZATION TYPE: Membership Organization
LOCATION: Alexandria, VA
POSITION TITLE: Finance Coordinator
DURATION: Temporary, on – going
SCHEDULE: Full Time
HOURLY PAY: $18.00 – $20.00/hour
Is This Your Dream Job? The Finance Coordinator will work in a team environment with staff to develop and maintain monthly Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable, and processes daily batches of payments. This position reports directly to the Director of Operations and Finance.
Our Ideal Candidate:
- Bachelor’s degree
- 3-5 years of bookkeeping experience
- Competency in working with affiliates and volunteer boards
- Energy and enthusiasm with a focus on organization mission
- Strong time management skills and the ability to multi-task
- Superior organizational skills and attention to detail
- Good judgment and excellent solution-focused skills
- A professional manner and a friendly/team personality
- Excellent written and communication skills
- Ability to prioritize tasks
How You Will Spend Your Day:
- Assists the Director, Operations and Finance with financial reports, performance and other needed reports on a monthly basis for the Executive Committee, Finance Committee or other special reports
- Serves all bookkeeping duties including accounts receivable, accounts payable, cash receipts, cash disbursements, and general ledger account adjustments
- Maintains vendor list and makes contacts with same as needed
- Assists or prepares vacation, sick and comp schedules
- Provides day-to-day support for the Administrative Call Center receipt processing when necessary
- Prepares at a minimum monthly Accounts Receivable and Accounts Payable and Performance reports
- Prepares and sends monthly reminders for Accounts Receivable
- Operates computers programmed with accounting software to record, store and analyze information
- Checks figures, postings and documents for correct entry, mathematical accuracy and proper codes
- Complies with federal, state and company policies, procedures and regulations
- Performs monthly bank account reconciliations
- Seeks and develops creative and innovative ways to perform job duties
- Attends staff meetings and trainings
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor
We’d love to hear from you.
If this sounds like the job for you, we would love to help make that happen. Please submit a resume to email@example.com with “Finance Coordinator” in the subject line.
Know a friend who would be a great fit? Feel free to send us their resume as well!
Is this position not a great fit?
For more information about Careers In Nonprofits and our other available opportunities and workshops, please visit our website at www.careersinnonprofits.com.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we regretfully can only respond to those candidates who best meet the requirements of a specific position or whose backgrounds are generally applicable to our client base. Please rest assured that we retain all candidate information for possible future matches, even if you do not hear from us in regard to your application in response to this ad.