Are you a Finance Professional with a CPA and 8 years of finance and accounting experience?
Do you have knowledge of endowments, investment vehicles, and tax laws?
Do you excel in partnering with numerous department heads toward achieving a shared goal?
We are currently in search of a Finance Director for a Medical Foundation. The position is based in Atlanta, GA. This is a full-time, permanent position.
ORGANIZATION TYPE: Foundation
LOCATION: Atlanta, GA
POSITION TITLE: Finance Director
SALARY: $95,000 – $100,000
Is This Your Dream Job?
The Finance Director is responsible for management and oversight of financial operations and is expected to provide vision, policy, strategy, and direction in budgeting, audits, treasury, investments, endowments, financial analysis, reporting and forecasting, strategic planning, project management, policy making, and contracts.
The Finance Director will report to the Vice-President of Operation and Finance, and will supervise one person.
Our client is the charitable foundation of a premier professional medical association. With more than 9,000 members, our client is the largest private funding source of research and training in the U.S. within their area of focus. The Foundation has committed over $130M in the past 30 years to research and training.
- Health, Dental, & Vision
- Life Insurance
- Short and Long Term Disability
- Generous PTO package
- Flexible Schedules
Our Ideal Candidate:
- Bachelor’s degree in business field required, Master’s degree preferred
- CPA required
- 8+ years of finance and accounting experience required, Fund Accounting preferred
- Knowledge of endowments, investment vehicles, and applicable tax laws
- Experience working in a medical association, foundation, or related organization required
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to manage competing priorities, as well as a high level of organization
- Experience using computer-based constituent relationship system for tracking, Dynamics SL and Raiser’s Edge preferred
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office software (Word, Excel, Access and Outlook)
How You Will Spend Your Day:
- Primary responsibilities include accounting, budget planning and control, cash and investment management, treasury, audits, and tax compliance functions
- Direct all finance-related strategies, initiatives, and activities for financial accounting and reporting
- Direct financial policies and procedures
- Oversee treasury, accounting, budget, tax, and audit activities
- Track, report on, and manage overall financial performance
- Manage general ledger
- Review monthly and year-end closing
- Prepare and present reports
- Manage cash flow forecasting
- Partner with senior staff to set financial goals and targets
- Manage annual budget process
- Assist tax accountants with preparation of tax returns
- Coordinate audit activities
- Administer and monitor investment portfolios
We’d love to hear from you!
If this sounds like the job for you, we would love to help make that happen. Please submit a resume to email@example.com with “Finance Director” in the subject line.
Know a friend who would be a great fit? Feel free to send us their resume as well!
** Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we regretfully can only respond to those candidates who best meet the requirements of a specific position or whose backgrounds are generally applicable to our client base. Please rest assured that we retain all candidate information for possible future matches, even if you do not hear from us in regard to your application in response to this ad.