Do you have experience in education or case management? Do you have a passion for social services? Are you knowledgeable about finance management and housing subsidies?
We are currently in search of a Financial Learning Specialist for a social services organization. The position is based in San Francisco, CA. This is a full-time, permanent assignment.
ORGANIZATION TYPE: Social Service Organization
LOCATION: San Francisco, CA
POSITION TITLE: Financial Learning Specialist
SALARY: $28.85/hour, non-exempt (~$60K/year)
Is This Your Dream Job? As a Financial Learning specialist, you will coordinate and educate employees of the organization on best practices to succeed in managing their personal finances. You will have a full understanding of SNAP, SSI/SSDI benefits, social service practices, and ensure all employees participate to the best of their abilities. You will have strong cultural sensitivity and be able to communicate warmly and effectively to small groups and to your fellow staff members.
- Health, dental, and vision insurance
- Retirement savings plan
- Vacation and sick/personal leave
- Professional development
- Opportunity to gain certificates and licenses relevant to adult learning
Our Ideal Candidate:
- 1-2 years of experience working with underrepresented populations and families in a case management capacity
- Bachelor’s Degree in Education, Finance, Counseling or related field
- Knowledge of issues of homelessness populations, various subsidy programs, and local economic resources
- Resilient and supportive personality, strong emotional intelligence and sensitive to trauma
- Experience creating lesson plans, coaching, and working 1:1 and in large groups
- Strong interest in social justice and able to serve as a mentor and financial advisor to low income individuals
How You Will Spend Your Day:
- Create a rich and diverse curriculum for participants that addresses benefits, establishing credit, how to manage debt, and planning for the future
- Serve as a lead resource for employment, budgeting and financial literacy opportunities at all times within the organization
- Utilize a strengths-based approach when understanding needs of participants and actively track each individuals progress within the program
- Consistently challenge and support participants of the program to improve confidence and decision-making skills
- Present a personable approach and consistently interview community members to understand needs
- Instruct courses to individuals and to groups; assist in problem solving situations through various counseling and intervention techniques
- Work closely with colleagues on strategizing best approaches and practicing different teaching methods
We’d love to hear from you.
If this sounds like the job for you, we would love to help make that happen. Please submit a resume to email@example.com with “Financial Learning Specialist” in the subject line.
Know a friend who would be a great fit? Feel free to send us their resume as well.
Is this position not a great fit?
For more information about Careers In Nonprofits and our other available opportunities and workshops, please visit our website at www.careersinnonprofits.com.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we regretfully can only respond to those candidates who best meet the requirements of a specific position or whose backgrounds are generally applicable to our client base. Please rest assured that we retain all candidate information for possible future matches, even if you do not hear from us in regard to your application in response to this ad.