Do you have 3-5 years of experience in foundations grants and corporate sponsorships?
Do you have project management experience?
Do you posses exceptional writing and editing skills and collaborate well with team embers?
We are currently in search of a Foundations Relations Manager for a Civic & Social Organization. The position is based in Chicago, IL. This is a full-time, permanent position.
ORGANIZATION TYPE: Civic & Social Organization
LOCATION: Chicago, IL
POSITION TITLE: Foundation Relations Manager
Is This Your Dream Job?
We are seeking a Foundation Relations Manager to further develop and execute on organizational strategy to grow year-over-year funding relationships with private and corporate foundations. The successful candidate will be: adept at project management, crafting compelling, high-quality grant proposals and reports, building and maintaining relationships with key collaborators, and developing grant budgets.
This individual will support the ambitious programmatic objectives of the organization’s strategic plan, the Institutional Advancement team drives and stewards the organization’s relationships with its diverse funders and Board of Directors. Their team works to secure foundation grants, corporate sponsorships, and individual giving to support their current $8.5 M and growing annual budget.
- 15 days of vacation to new hires
- Floating holidays for you to observe days that are important to you
- Free medical, dental and vision coverage for all full-time employees
- Coverage to dependents with only a small contribution from staff
- 403(b)plan with employer contributions
Our Ideal Candidate:
- Bachelor’s degree in related field (communications, business, nonprofit management, religious studies, etc.), required
- 3-5 years relevant experience in foundations, nonprofit sector, business or higher education, required
- Exceptional writing and editing skills and attention to detail to produce quality products
- Exceptional project management and organizational skills, required
- Exceptional ability to operate with purpose, urgency, and accuracy in a multiple deadline-driven environment, balancing various short-term and ongoing projects
- Strong competence in Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel)
- Advanced experience building and managing budgets, preferred
- Advanced user and knowledge of Salesforce, preferred
How You Will Spend Your Day:
- Craft, review and edit compelling, high-quality grant proposal narratives, applications, reports and supporting documents that successfully leverage assets, in consultation with program, accounting and executive staff
- Project manage the full foundation grants process from proposals through reports to ensure on-time submission of all required materials
- Collaborate with program staff to gather and organize appropriate program and outcomes information, facts, stories, and photos to write and develop grant proposals, communication and collateral materials
- Adapt writing style, content, and tone in consideration of donor interests, values and relationships
- Maintain and implement grant cultivation activities including calendars, records, files, progress reports and financial reporting, expertly utilizing donor relations database
- Prepare grant budgets in collaboration with Accounting Manager
- Coordinate site visits and one-on-one communications with foundation staff
- Identify, research, and cultivate new and lapsed private and corporate foundation donors, and work with other Advancement team members to explore corporate sponsorship opportunities
- Other duties as assigned
We’d love to hear from you.
If this sounds like the job for you, we would love to help make that happen. Please submit a resume to email@example.com with “Foundation Relations Manager” in the subject line.
Know a friend who would be a great fit? Feel free to send us their resume as well.
Is this position not a great fit?
For more information about Careers In Nonprofits and our other available opportunities and workshops, please visit our website at www.careersinnonprofits.com.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we regretfully can only respond to those candidates who best meet the requirements of a specific position or whose backgrounds are generally applicable to our client base. Please rest assured that we retain all candidate information for possible future matches, even if you do not hear from us in regard to your application in response to this ad.