Are you a dedicated and hardworking professional, with experience grant writing?
We are currently in search of a Grants Writer for a Foundation. The position is based in Chicago, IL. This is a full-time, temporary assignment, with the possibility of direct hire.
ORGANIZATION TYPE: Foundation
LOCATION: Chicago, IL
POSITION TITLE: Grants Writer
HOURLY PAY: $16-18/hour
Is This Your Dream Job? The Grants Writer is responsible is responsible for assisting the Director of Development in developing and managing foundation and corporate grants.
Our Ideal Candidate:
- Bachelor’s Degree in communication or business preferred
- 3 or more years’ experience including knowledge of annual giving, capital campaign, foundation/corporate solicitations, deferred giving, communications and special events
- Successful and proven experience with proposal writing as well as experience with budget development and monitoring
How You Will Spend Your Day:
- Participates in grant writing including preparation of letters of inquiry, proposals, research, budgets, reports, ancillary materials, general agency information, editing proposals for errors and inconsistencies and proposal submissions
- Provides contract administration including managing the tracking & reporting functions to ensure timely submission of documents as required by funders
- Manages the tracking of existing grants; develops internal reporting systems; writing reports, maintaining excellent historical records; collaborating with Program Managers to understand and report accurately that each project or program is meeting proposal conditions and expectations
- Arranges for on-site tours; coordinating the availability of Senior Team members, as needed. Also, arranges for the availability of Program Managers and Development staff to meet with potential funders, when needed
- Monitors websites, social media and on-line bulletins to identify new federal, state, county & city funding opportunities; assists in researching private and corporate funding prospects
- Receives & records individual and corporate contributions and prepare letters of acknowledgement for tax reporting purposes
We’d love to hear from you.
If this sounds like the job for you, we would love to help make that happen. Please submit a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Grants Writer” in the subject line.
Know a friend who would be a great fit? Feel free to send us their resume as well!
Is this position not a great fit?
For more information about Careers In Nonprofits and our other available opportunities and workshops, please visit our website at www.careersinnonprofits.com.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we regretfully can only respond to those candidates who best meet the requirements of a specific position or whose backgrounds are generally applicable to our client base. Please rest assured that we retain all candidate information for possible future matches, even if you do not hear from us in regard to your application in response to this ad.