Do you have great organizational and analytical skills?
Are you highly motivated and a self-starter, with incredible relationship building skills?
Are you both detail-oriented and enjoy interacting with others?
We are currently in search of a Grants Associate for an International Social Service Organization. The position is based in Washington, D.C. This is a Permanent, full-time assignment.
ORGANIZATION TYPE: International Social Service Organization
LOCATION: Washington, D.C.
POSITION TITLE: Grants Associate
Is This Your Dream Job? The Grants Associate is responsible for ensuring organizational and grants compliance, as well as financial coding for certain partner expenses. The Grants Associate is accountable for applying precise grants coding to grant related expenses, submission of expenses that adhere to organizational and grant requirements, meeting timelines, and providing support to staff. The Grants Associate will also be responsible for supporting partner timelines and requirements toward funding.
- Employer pays 100% of monthly health coverage
- Flexible spending accounts for transportation costs
- Offices are closed between Christmas and New Year’s Day
- Generous vacation time
Our Ideal Candidate:
- Minimum of 2-3 years of professional experience with specifically supporting other staff and/or partner organizations
- Experience in training colleagues, partners, or other stakeholders
- Experience using Excel and comfort in reviewing information within this format
- Ability to handle confidential information with discretion
- Familiarity with grants compliance and coding
How You Will Spend Your Day:
- Submit expenses with appropriate and correct grant coding
- Review, follow-up, and finalization for submission of expenses
- Issue Partner agreements/amendments and wire requests
- Review payment schedules regularly and follow up if necessary
- Process reimbursements for partners with goal to conduct monthly close-out
- Provide guidance to partners in order to achieve compliance
- Review budget, program approval reached, and funds issued within 1 month of budget submission
We’d love to hear from you.
If this sounds like the job for you, we would love to help make that happen. Please submit a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Grants Associate” in the subject line.
Know a friend who would be a great fit? Feel free to send us their resume as well.
Is this position not a great fit?
For more information about Careers In Nonprofits and our other available opportunities and workshops, please visit our website at www.careersinnonprofits.com.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we regretfully can only respond to those candidates who best meet the requirements of a specific position or whose backgrounds are generally applicable to our client base. Please rest assured that we retain all candidate information for possible future matches, even if you do not hear from us in regard to your application in response to this ad.