Do you have 3+ years of grant auditing and accounting experience?
Do you have experience working with a nonprofit foundation?
We are currently in search of a Grant Auditor/Accountant for a Foundation. The position is based in Atlanta, GA. This is a full-time, temporary-to-permanent assignment.
ORGANIZATION TYPE: Foundation
LOCATION: Atlanta, GA
POSITION TITLE: Grant Auditor/Accountant
SALARY: $14.00 – $16.00/hr; commensurate with experience
Is This Your Dream Job?
The Grant Auditor/Accountant will work directly with the CEO and Administrative Manager and will operate and organize the Finance Department to accomplish accounting reporting and other strategic financial and organizational goals.
Our client is a nonprofit organization designed to engage, educate, and energize the community to improve the quality of life for people affected by a medical condition.
Our Ideal Candidate:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or related field required
- 3+ years grants accounting experience required
- Experience identifying issues, tracking, and finding solutions to properly maintain grants
- Experience with general ledger and related activities for the production of financial statements and reports
- Familiar with accounting systems, Denali/Cougar Mountain preferred
How You Will Spend Your Day:
- Provide grant data for annual -grant audits and oversee procedures to communicate, educate, and ensure compliance with policies and applicable grant/audit regulations
- Prepare general ledger analysis and reconciliation of accounts
- Monthly accounts payable and receivable, payroll, fixed assets and depreciation and budgets
- Maintain and update various cost allocations
- Prepare all reports needed for quarterly board meetings
- Prepare, pay and track all vendor expenses
- Prepare all monthly invoices for grants
- Review and approve expenses, purchases, and travel expenses
- Data and database management
- Maintain confidential financial records and discussion
- Support department requests for financial information
- Additional duties as assigned with travel as needed
We’d love to hear from you!
If this sounds like the job for you, we would love to help make that happen. Please submit a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Grant Auditor/Accountant” in the subject line.
Know a friend who would be a great fit? Feel free to send us their resume as well!
Is this position not a great fit?
For more information about Careers In Nonprofits and our other available opportunities and workshops, please visit our website at www.careersinnonprofits.com.
** Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we regretfully can only respond to those candidates who best meet the requirements of a specific position or whose backgrounds are generally applicable to our client base. Please rest assured that we retain all candidate information for possible future matches, even if you do not hear from us in regard to your application in response to this ad.