Are you a development and fundraising professional? Do you have diverse grant writing experience? Are you passionate about cultivating relationships to support underrepresented populations?
We are currently in search of a Grants Associate for a Social Service Organization. The position is based in San Francisco. This is a full-time, permanent assignment.
ORGANIZATION TYPE: Social Service
LOCATION: San Francisco, CA
POSITION TITLE: Grants Associate
SALARY: $68K – $75K
Is This Your Dream Job? The Grants Associate manages the full cycle of the prospect process, from initiation to execution, and is accountable in cultivating lasting partnerships with diverse audiences to develop a robust fundraising portfolio. This individual will possess a high attention to detail and will work with staff across sections to efficiently create strategies and proposals for current and prospective stakeholders. As a key member of the Communications team, you will be a dedicated team player in soliciting and advancing fundraising efforts for a growing nonprofit organization. This is an ideal role for a grant writing professional who is passionate about research and values contributing to underserved communities.
- Health, dental, and vision insurance
- Retirement savings plan
- Vacation and sick/personal leave
- Professional development
Our Ideal Candidate:
- 3+ years of grant writing, development, and administrative experience required
- Bachelor’s Degree in English or related field
- Advanced understanding of Microsoft Office Suite, Salesforce
- Ability to manage multiple priorities
- Deadline driven, self-motivated and able to work in a team environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Able to work nights, weekends, and events as needed
How You Will Spend Your Day:
- Work with Institutional Giving Director and program staff to meet grant deadlines and identify new contracts
- Thoroughly edit and revise existing grant applications and report on data directly with appropriate parties
- Consistently become familiar on organization’s mission and new programs to educate previous, current, and prospective donors
- Perform in-depth research on local foundations and corporations and stay current on philanthropic trends
- Maintain database with precision and continue to keep detailed records to track proposal progress
- Meet tight deadlines and be flexible in adjusting proposals or concepts as needed
We’d love to hear from you.
If this sounds like the job for you, we would love to help make that happen. Please submit a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Grants Associate” in the subject line.
Know a friend who would be a great fit? Feel free to send us their resume as well.
Is this position not a great fit?
For more information about Careers In Nonprofits and our other available opportunities and workshops, please visit our website at www.careersinnonprofits.com.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we regretfully can only respond to those candidates who best meet the requirements of a specific position or whose backgrounds are generally applicable to our client base. Please rest assured that we retain all candidate information for possible future matches, even if you do not hear from us in regard to your application in response to this ad.