Do you have a passion for international development? Do you have prior experience managing all phases of the grants process?
We are currently in search of a Grants Compliance Specialist for an International Social Services Organization. The position is based in Washington, DC. This is a full-time, temporary assignment.
ORGANIZATION TYPE: International Social Services Organization
LOCATION: Washington, DC (Farragut North Metro)
POSITION TITLE: Grants Compliance Specialist
DURATION: Temporary, 3 months
HOURLY PAY: $18 – $22/hour
Is This Your Dream Job? The Grants Compliance Specialist works with the Finance team to coordinate all phases of the grants management process.
Our Ideal Candidate:
- A. or B.S. with 2- 4 years’ experience with financial and grant management, budgeting, and reconciliation
- Master’s degree in Business Administration, Management, Finance, or related field preferred
- At least 2 years demonstrating knowledge of international non-profit grants and compliance management working with and interpreting applicable donor rules and regulations
- Experience in a financial-management role at an organization that works internationally and that receives revenue from different constituents, such as government agencies, private foundations, and corporations that provide donations
- Excellent written and oral communication skills; Time management and job prioritization skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and meet time sensitive deadlines
- Up to date knowledge and understanding of the Uniform Grant Guidance and related requirements, as well as experience in forecasting, negotiating, implementing the US Government indirect cost rate (NICRA) to ensure full cost recovery throughout the organization
How You Will Spend Your Day:
Grant and Compliance Management
- Monitors and coordinates all phases of grants and restricted contributions from award through close-out, including grants administration, compliance, reporting, and compliance with approved budgets, contract terms, and legal or regulatory requirements
- Ensures grants and contract budgets align with institutional budgets and forecasts
- Works with finance team and program staff to ensure that key processes and systems are in place to manage grant risk assessments, donor financial compliance, and reporting management processes
- Reviews all proposed grants budgets prior to submission to ensure consistency with proposal requirements
- Alerts program staff to any required reports to public funders and assists with development and submission
- Coordinates with management to ensure compliance with due dates for submission of budget, technical and programmatic reports to federal agencies and private funders
- Reads all proposed sub-contract and sub-grant agreements and applications to ensure compliance with terms of contract and grant agreements between the organization and its funder (both federal and private)
Budget Management and Reporting
- Engages with relevant staff to monitor personnel salary and benefit data for the purpose of identifying discrepancies, resolving problems and/or issues, and ensuring that expenditures are in line with budget limits
- Develops and monitors rates for proposal development (e.g. Loaded Rate Schedule, Consultant Rate Schedule and other proposal rate schedules)
- Works with managers and other members of the Finance team to streamline internal financial reports and reporting processes to deliver more efficient, more effective, and more useful reports and analysis
- Collaborates with program staff in development of comprehensive annual program budgets incorporating funding from restricted and unrestricted sources
- Ensures compliance with current program budgets and spending policies, and proposes improved policies and systems regarding spending guidelines, cost savings, cost allocation, and annual planning
- Engages with program staff across the organization to monitor and revise program budgets throughout the year and life of project(s)
- Works with members of finance team during annual audit to ensure that relevant information is transmitted to the auditors in a timely manner
- Assists with the development and reconciliation of organizational indirect cost rate
We’d love to hear from you.
If this sounds like the job for you, we would love to help make that happen. Please submit a resume to email@example.com with “Grants Compliance Specialist” in the subject line.
Know a friend who would be a great fit? Feel free to send us their resume as well!
Is this position not a great fit?
For more information about Careers In Nonprofits and our other available opportunities and workshops, please visit our website at www.careersinnonprofits.com.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we regretfully can only respond to those candidates who best meet the requirements of a specific position or whose backgrounds are generally applicable to our client base. Please rest assured that we retain all candidate information for possible future matches, even if you do not hear from us in regard to your application in response to this ad.