Do you love solving puzzles and checking for discrepancies?
Are you interested in working part-time hours?
We are currently in search of a Grants Expense Processing Clerk for an Advocacy Organization. The position is based in Washington, DC. This is a part-time, temporary to permanent assignment.
ORGANIZATION TYPE: Advocacy Organization
LOCATION: Washington, DC
POSITION TITLE: Grants Expense Processing Clerk
SCHEDULE: 20 hours/week
HOURLY PAY: $15.00 – $17.00/hour
Is This Your Dream Job? The Grants Expense Processing Clerk will be reviewing and preparing expenses to ensure that they adhere to organization and grant requirements and timelines. They will also provide guidance and support to staff to resolve staff expense forms and errors. This position plays a significant role in ensuring appropriate use of grants funds and guiding staff toward full organizational compliance and supports overall expenses submission, leading to timely grants reporting and overall organizational planning and reporting of activities and costs.
Our Ideal Candidate:
- Some experience working in an office environment required
- Experience in coding and/or reconciling expenses preferred
- Looking to work part-time hours
- Comfortable utilizing Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook and open to learning other software
- Extremely meticulous and detail-oriented; loves to find the missing puzzle piece
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Friendly and a team-player
- Able to handle confidential information with discretion
How You Will Spend Your Day:
- Processing a large volume of grants expenses including staff reimbursements, credit cards, and consultant and vendor payments
- Assist in obtaining relevant physical and electronic documents for annual audit as needed
- Apply coding that is known for travel bookings or other invoices
- Provide guidance and support to staff based on their completion of forms and relevant requirements to ensure that all forms are correct and complete
We’d love to hear from you.
If this sounds like the job for you, we would love to help make that happen. Please submit a resume to email@example.com with “Expense Clerk” in the subject line.
Know a friend who would be a great fit? Feel free to send us their resume as well!
Is this position not a great fit?
For more information about Careers In Nonprofits and our other available opportunities and workshops, please visit our website at www.careersinnonprofits.com.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we regretfully can only respond to those candidates who best meet the requirements of a specific position or whose backgrounds are generally applicable to our client base. Please rest assured that we retain all candidate information for possible future matches, even if you do not hear from us in regard to your application in response to this ad.