Are you a dedicated and hardworking professional, with experience managing grants?
We are currently in search of a Grants Manager for an Association. The position is based in Washington, DC. This is a full-time, temporary to permanent assignment.
ORGANIZATION TYPE: Advocacy
LOCATION: Washington, DC
POSITION TITLE: Grants Manager
DURATION: Temporary to Permanent
HOURLY PAY: $20-24/hour
Is This Your Dream Job? The Grants Manager is responsible for coordinating the full range of activities required to prepare, submit and manage grant proposals. They work as part of the Development team to accomplish Association goals. The Grants Manager follows up with grantors to determine/monitor grant status. Provides strategic support to the development team in terms of grants and corporate giving; researches and write grants; builds donor relationships with foundations and government agencies in support of funding needs.
Our Ideal Candidate:
- Bachelor’s Degree in communication or business preferred
- 5 or more years of nonprofit sector experience, preferably working in a USG or other donor funded project
- Familiarity with Code of Federal Regulations (CFR) and/or Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR) is preferred
- Demonstrated experience in grant management, including report writing, no/cost extensions, grant monitoring, and budget realignments
How You Will Spend Your Day:
- Assists VP, Development to accomplish departmental goals
- Supports all internal team members and departments following the Association mission and values while promoting Association culture
- Ensures compliance with the rules and regulations administered by the grantor; oversees special audits conducted by grantor
- Perform functions of financial administration/reporting to include, but not limited to: preparation/timely submission of grant applications and reports, development and adjustment of associated budgets, coordination of budgeted funds, screening/processing requests for expenditures, ensuring the timely application for reimbursement from the government entities
- Serve as liaison with principals/other departments on issues regarding grants
- Monitor programs funded by grants to ensure compliance with grantor guidelines; assist in evaluating the fiscal administration of grant programs
- Oversee the preparation and timely submission of grant applications, application amendments, and budget transfers
- Maintain a broad and deep understanding of relevant donor policies, regulations and procedures
We’d love to hear from you.
If this sounds like the job for you, we would love to help make that happen. Please submit a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Grants Manager” in the subject line.
Know a friend who would be a great fit? Feel free to send us their resume as well!
Is this position not a great fit?
For more information about Careers In Nonprofits and our other available opportunities and workshops, please visit our website at www.careersinnonprofits.com.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we regretfully can only respond to those candidates who best meet the requirements of a specific position or whose backgrounds are generally applicable to our client base. Please rest assured that we retain all candidate information for possible future matches, even if you do not hear from us in regard to your application in response to this ad.