Are you passionate about social justice issues in the Bay Area? Are you an empathetic and kind educator who is experienced at working with diverse and marginalized communities? Do you have experience facilitating high-quality educational activities for toddlers?
We are currently in search of a Head Teacher for a Social Service Organization. The position is based in San Francisco, CA. This is a permanent full-time assignment.
ORGANIZATION TYPE: Social Service Organization
LOCATION: San Francisco, CA
POSITION TITLE: Head Teacher
SALARY: $55,000 – 60,000
Is This Your Dream Job? As the Head Teacher reporting to the Early Childcare Site Supervisor, you will be responsible for creating an environment of learning that provides structure and educational play for kids getting ready for kindergarten. Through compliance with regulations from the Department of Social Services/CA Community Care Licensing and collaboration with teaching staff, you will ensure that the children under your care are healthy, happy, and safe.
- Medical, dental, vison, and life insurance
- Progressive work culture
Our Ideal Candidate:
- 3-5 years of teaching experience
- BA in Early Childhood Education or a related field. At least 17 ECE units.
- Teacher’s permit from CA Department of Education required.
- Experience in curriculum development and supervising a classroom of toddlers.
- Fluency in Spanish, Cantonese, or Vietnamese helpful.
- Excellent communication skills
- CPR and First aid training
How You Will Spend Your Day:
- Act as a mentor to teaching staff by directing their work and providing constructive criticism that is supportive and helpful.
- Ensure that facilities and practices comply with CA Community Care Licensing and Department of Social Services requirements.
- Develop high-quality, culturally sensitive educational curriculums for toddlers.
- Supervise a classroom or targets
- Communicate children’s educational progress with staff and parents.
We’d love to hear from you.
If this sounds like the job for you, we would love to help make that happen. Please submit a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Lead Teacher” in the subject line.
Know a friend who would be a great fit? Feel free to send us their resume as well.
Is this position not a great fit?
For more information about Careers In Nonprofits and our other available opportunities and workshops, please visit our website at www.careersinnonprofits.com.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we regretfully can only respond to those candidates who best meet the requirements of a specific position or whose backgrounds are generally applicable to our client base. Please rest assured that we retain all candidate information for possible future matches, even if you do not hear from us in regard to your application in response to this ad.