Are you passionate about social justice issues in the Bay Area, particularly homelessness? Do you have a strong background in counseling and direct social service with marginalized populations? Do you have experience working with tenants, residents, and property managers?
We are currently in search of a Housing Coordinator for a Social Service Organization. The position is based in San Francisco, CA. This is a permanent full-time assignment.
ORGANIZATION TYPE: Social Service Organization
LOCATION: San Francisco, CA
POSITION TITLE: Housing Coordinator
SALARY: Commensurate with experience
Is This Your Dream Job? As the Housing Coordinator reporting to the Program Manager, you will be responsible for providing individualized housing services and support to clients. After assessing a client’s level of need and any barriers that may keep them from housing, you will act as an advocate and guide them through the entire housing process. By building relationships with staff, clients, and property managers, you will be an expert on housing resources in the Bay Area for vulnerable people.
- Medical, dental, vison, and life insurance
- Paid holidays and time off
- Tuition reimbursement
Our Ideal Candidate:
- Bachelor’s degree in Psychology, Social Work, or related field
- Two years of direct social service experience
- Strong knowledge of real estate and property management
- Possession of a California driver’s license, a personal vehicle, and auto insurance
- Comfortable advocating for clients and speaking persuasively with property managers, landlords, and others
- Self-starter who is able to work independently and as a member of a team
- Adapts easily to new situations
- Strong interpersonal and negotiation skills
How You Will Spend Your Day:
- Meet with property managers and landlords to develop relationships and negotiate on behalf of clients
- Meet with clients to assess any possible barriers in maintaining housing stability
- Maintain and grow a portfolio of housing resources for clients
- Match clients with appropriate housing resources based on need
- Educate clients on housing process and provide administrative support when needed
- Conduct inspections of properties and work with property managers to resolve any issues
- Act as an internal and community expert on housing in the Bay Area
We’d love to hear from you.
If this sounds like the job for you, we would love to help make that happen. Please submit a resume to SFRecruiter@cnpstaffing.com with “Housing Coordinator” in the subject line.
Know a friend who would be a great fit? Feel free to send us their resume as well.
Is this position not a great fit?
For more information about Careers In Nonprofits and our other available opportunities and workshops, please visit our website at www.careersinnonprofits.com.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we regretfully can only respond to those candidates who best meet the requirements of a specific position or whose backgrounds are generally applicable to our client base. Please rest assured that we retain all candidate information for possible future matches, even if you do not hear from us in regard to your application in response to this ad.