Do you have more than 2+ years’ experience in HR, specifically in HRIS and Payroll?
Have you worked in an educational or nonprofit organization?
We are currently in search of an HR Assistant for an Educational Institution. The position is based in Atlanta, GA. This is a full-time, temporary or temp-to-perm assignment.
ORGANIZATION TYPE: Educational Institution
LOCATION: Atlanta, GA
POSITION TITLE: HR Assistant
SALARY: $15.00 – $17.00/hour; commensurate with experience
Is This Your Dream Job?
The HR Assistant works in a 5 person HR team and is responsible for maintaining the HRIS and assisting in bi-weekly payroll. This role reports to the Director of Human Resources.
Our client is an academic institution that supports teaching and learning missions of four higher education institutions.
In the permanent capacity, benefits include:
- Disability coverage
- Employee Discount Program
Our Ideal Candidate:
- 2+ years’ human resources experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business, Information Systems, or similar field required
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Previous experience using ADP or similar system required
- Knowledge of payroll laws and regulations
- Demonstrated data entry, analytical, and math skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to self-manage and prioritize
How You Will Spend Your Day:
- Maintain HRIS including testing of system, conversion of data, and implementation of new system requirements
- Process bi-weekly payroll including processing of garnishments, employee sick and vacation benefits
- Utilize HRIS to automate, generate, analyze, and transmit data files, metrics, and ad-hoc reports
- Conduct data analysis and report findings and recommendations
- Provide training and technical support to staff
- Prepare and process bi-weekly payroll
- Maintain employee files and payroll records
- Prepare bi-weekly remittances for retirement and other benefits
- Compile and analyze survey data
- Assist with recruiting and on-boarding
- Additional duties as assigned
We’d love to hear from you!
If this sounds like the job for you, we would love to help make that happen. Please submit a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with “HR Assistant” in the subject line.
Know a friend who would be a great fit? Feel free to send us their resume as well!
Is this position not a great fit?
For more information about Careers In Nonprofits and our other available opportunities and workshops, please visit our website at www.careersinnonprofits.com.
** Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we regretfully can only respond to those candidates who best meet the requirements of a specific position or whose backgrounds are generally applicable to our client base. Please rest assured that we retain all candidate information for possible future matches, even if you do not hear from us in regard to your application in response to this ad.