Are you an HR professional with at least 2 years of experience?
Do you work well with a team as well as on your own?
Do you have experience working with a nonprofit or higher education organization?
We are currently in search of a Human Resources Associate for an Educational Institution in Downtown Chicago, IL. This is a full-time, temporary opportunity.
ORGANIZATION: Educational Institution
LOCATION: Downtown Chicago, IL
POSITION TITLE: Human Resources Associate
DURATION: 4 – 5 Months
Is This Your Dream Job?
The Human Resources Associate will be responsible for performing HR-related duties on a professional level and works closely with the HR manager to provide human resources support for operations including employee relations, staffing, policy and procedures.
Our client is an international education nonprofit with multiple branches. Many employees telecommute or work remotely.
Our Ideal Candidate:
- Minimum 2 years Human Resources experience
- Benefits administration experience
- Ability to adhere to privacy and confidentiality rules
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to balance several projects at once
- Team player attitude
- Detail oriented with excellent organizational skills
- Professional demeanor and strong interpersonal skills
How You Will Spend Your Day:
- Assisting with development and interpretation of company policies and procedures
- Assisting and maintaining health insurance and benefit programs, acting as point of contact for all benefit plans
- Assist with managing the HRIS including updates, reporting, maintenance, and troubleshooting
- Maintaining personnel and department files, creating department org charts
- Processing HR invoices and benefits billings
- Assisting the HR manager with budget requirements, tracking all payables and training budget
- Serving as liaison with office of the building
- Heavy growth, Onboarding, Benefits administration, Open enrollment
- Need someone who is incredibly detail oriented and can handle confidential information
- Support with onboarding paperwork
- Do some auditing
- Transitioned HRIS system—Isolved
- Extra set of eyes and hands
- Data entry
- Staff member support
- Do check ins in each state they have business in to make sure that all of their taxes and accounts are up to date-state tax and an unemployment tax to get someone to do a ‘sweep’
- Is everything current, is there info missing
- Keeping updates with websites
- Lower priority than benefits/auditing—potentially a project for data validation, making sure everything is reconciled
- Lowest priority item: internal wiki for internal staff—updating a word doc/web page–looking at and organizing the program
- Other duties as assigned by the HR Director
We’d love to hear from you!
If this sounds like the job for you, we would love to help make that happen. Please submit a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with “HR Associate” in the subject line.
Know a friend who would be a great fit? Feel free to send us their resume as well!
** Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we regretfully can only respond to those candidates who best meet the requirements of a specific position or whose backgrounds are generally applicable to our client base. Please rest assured that we retain all candidate information for possible future matches, even if you do not hear from us in regard to your application in response to this ad.