Are you a human resources professional with a passion for international issues?
We are currently in search of a Human Resources Generalist for an International Social Service Organization. This position is based in Washington, DC. This is a full-time, temporary assignment.
ORGANIZATION TYPE: International Social Service Organization
LOCATION: Washington, DC (Farragut North Metro)
POSITION TITLE: Human Resources Generalist
DURATION: Temporary, Full – Time
COMPENSATION: $15.00 – $16.00/hour
Is This Your Dream Job? The HR Generalist will work closely with a small HR group and provide assistance in the overall HR administration of a global international development company. This person will provide support in benefits administration, recruiting, and overall HR administration.
Our Ideal Candidate:
- 2 – 4 years of experience in Human Resources
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field preferable
- Prior experience in the non-profit sector
- HR Certification a plus
- Strong communication skills (written and verbal)
- Excellent computer skills, familiarity with Google Suite a plus
How You Will Spend Your Day:
- Create recruitment handbook
- Update and streamline recruitment workflow
- Assist with posting jobs in HRIS system
- Post open positions on job boards, as needed
- Draft offer letters and process workflows
- Assist in development of HR policies and procedures
- Update job descriptions and job description library
- Assist with coordinating employee international travel
- Prepare any special reports, as needed
- Assist with onboarding new employees both national and international
- Reconcile monthly invoices
- Benefits enrollment
- Assist employees with any questions/concerns
- Create Benefits workflow handbook
We’d love to hear from you.
If this sounds like the job for you, we would love to help make that happen. Please submit a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Human Resources Generalist” in the subject line.
Know a friend who would be a great fit? Feel free to send us their resume as well.
Is this position not a great fit?
For more information about Careers In Nonprofits and our other available opportunities and workshops, please visit our website at www.careersinnonprofits.com.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we regretfully can only respond to those candidates who best meet the requirements of a specific position or whose backgrounds are generally applicable to our client base. Please rest assured that we retain all candidate information for possible future matches, even if you do not hear from us in regard to your application in response to this ad.