Have you stood as the Interim Executive Director of an organization during an exciting time of transition? Are you passionate about serving youth within the Bay Area and providing them skills to transition into the work force? Do you take challenges in stride and pride yourself on your ability to lead change?
We are currently in search of an Interim Executive Director for a Youth Services Organization. The position is based in Oakland, CA. This is a Temporary assignment.
ORGANIZATION TYPE: Youth Services Organization
LOCATION: Oakland, CA
POSITION TITLE: Interim Executive Director
HOURS: 9:00 AM-6:00 PM
Is This Your Dream Job? As the Interim Executive Director, you will lead the team at this organization through a time of transition. You are an advocate for Bay Area youth and passionate about providing resources to underserved communities. You will partner with the Board, staff and youth to ensure all aspects of the organization are running smoothly. You will be responsible for building a strategic plan, budget planning, building partnerships, generating funds and sustaining relationships with donors. You will take on the responsibility of managing operations, programs the services provided by the organization.
- Medical, Dental and Vision Benefits provided through Careers In Nonprofits
- Sick Time Off
Our Ideal Candidate:
- 7-10+ Years of Experience in Nonprofit Management
- Experience working as an Interim Executive Director strongly preferred
- BA required, Master’s Degree preferred
- Familiarity with the employment scheme of the Bay Area, especially how it pertains to youth, strongly preferred
- Experience building budgets and strategic plans in a Nonprofit setting
- Track record of successful fundraising
- Demonstrates a management style that engages and inspires staff and garners volunteer, youth and stakeholder support
- Possesses a friendly and approachable demeaner, positive attitude and genuine enjoyment for interacting with families, staff and Board
How You Will Spend Your Day:
- Consulting with Board of Directors to make decisions on behalf of the organization
- Attending and reporting at Board of Directors meetings
- Consistently maintaining knowledge and control of budgetary, operational and HR matters
- Assess the organizational structure of the organization for its mission alignment and making necessary adjustments
- Addressing staffing and personnel issues
- Maintaining and building relationships with donors and potential donors
- Maintaining and building relationships with stakeholders in Oakland and the Bay Area
- Building the process for hiring a permanent CEO
- Ensuring compliance of all nonprofit laws; maintain and develop internal policies as needed
- Confidentially manage financial resources and assets
We’d love to hear from you.
If this sounds like the job for you, we would love to help make that happen. Please submit a resume to email@example.com with “Interim Executive Director” in the subject line.
Know a friend who would be a great fit? Feel free to send us their resume as well.
Is this position not a great fit?
For more information about Careers In Nonprofits and our other available opportunities and workshops, please visit our website at www.careersinnonprofits.com.