Do you have a strong technical background, and a passion for healthcare?
We are currently in search of an Internet Manager for a Medical Association. The position is based in Washington, DC. This is a Full time, Temporary assignment.
ORGANIZATION TYPE: Medical Association
LOCATION: Washington, DC (Gallery Place Metro)
POSITION TITLE: Internet Manager
DURATION: Approx. Temporary, on-going
SCHEDULE: Full Time
HOURLY PAY: $20.00 – $24.00/hour
Is This Your Dream Job? The Internet Manager reports directly to the Director of Information Systems, and manages the planning, development, organization, and analysis of the association’s web sites. The Internet Manager works closely with the stakeholders of the organization focusing on the association business needs and increasing the association’s online presence using the most appropriate technology.
Our Ideal Candidate:
- A./B.S. or equivalent from accredited college or university program in Information Systems and four to six years’ experience managing, designing and developing Web sites; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- 2+ years of supervisory experience required
- Strong Technical Project Management and Digital Automation Experience
- CMS experience, preferably SiteCore
- Experience with CSS, HTML and working knowledge of web services
- SEO Experience
- Website Usability Experience
- Website testing and Quality Assurance/Quality Control
- Google Analytics/Tag Manager, social media, digital marketing, conversion funnels
- Analytical and troubleshooting skills
- Experience with documentation of SOP, and training
- Experience collaborating with developers, Vendors, and technical staff
- Prior experience managing website content editor staff
- Time management and prioritization skills
- Collaborate with other department staff
- Experience with email marketing tools and services
- Up-to-date in new web technologies and trends
How You Will Spend Your Day:
- Works with each program/department/customer/member group to define and implement appropriate information for online programs.
- Designs and implements, Internet, Extranet, Intranet web pages with new features and functionality using appropriate tools and best practices.
- Advises customers when projects are web-appropriate and manages web project implementations.
- Responsible for ensuring the web sites are easy to use and that navigation of the site follows user friendly information architecture.
- Ensures servers and browsers are configured so that all company web sites are visible to the largest possible audience. Configures sites’ security so that pages are served only to the intended audience.
- Promotes the web sites to appropriate internal and external audiences, leveraging SEO, SEM and online advertising; establishes, maintains, and moderates and online community forum, webinars, podcasts, blogs and related features.
- Establishes links from other relevant sites and develop relevant searchable content to drive site traffic growth.
- Performs daily maintenance and operation of the customer web site to assure all web pages are compliant with appropriate policies.
- Coordinates and supports multiple web projects/initiatives with competing priorities.
- Assists in defining and writing functionality requirements for projects to be implemented by IT staff or external technology providers.
- Responsible for ensuring broadcast emails are coded in a timely manner and follow standard broadcast email procedures.
- Defines and maintain user roles to distribute proper access rights to content owning groups in other departments.
- Collaborates with the Marketing department to redesign web sites, create electronic newsletters and broadcast email formats.
- Serves as staff contact for Internet liaison appointed by each local section and division. Defines and implements technology to support division, local section and affiliated association web sites.
- Works with appropriate content providers and system experts in order publish projects on web sites.
- Manages Internet staff and external technology providers to assure timely implementation of projects.
- Evaluates external vendors for special web site events, promotions, online education, marketing campaigns, or specific design projects.
- Works directly with support vendor to ensure proper web site functionality and to coordinate task orders.
- Recommends and implements rules for content updating, archiving and/or removal.
- Ensures that the content in consistent in terms of tone, style and factually accurate and current.
- Provides data on web site utilization, maintains access and utilization records.
- Prepares documentation for web procedures and web applications, when applicable.
- Ensures staff knows how to use Google Analytics and provides support to staff on Google analytics.
- Interacts with all employees to facilitate positive productive working relationships.
- As required, travels to and attends Association meetings.
We’d love to hear from you.
If this sounds like the job for you, we would love to help make that happen. Please submit a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Internet Manager” in the subject line.
Know a friend who would be a great fit? Feel free to send us their resume as well!
Is this position not a great fit?
For more information about Careers In Nonprofits and our other available opportunities and workshops, please visit our website at www.careersinnonprofits.com.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we regretfully can only respond to those candidates who best meet the requirements of a specific position or whose backgrounds are generally applicable to our client base. Please rest assured that we retain all candidate information for possible future matches, even if you do not hear from us in regard to your application in response to this ad.