Are you a help-desk professional looking to work for a mission-driven organization?
Do you have experience working with Microsoft Office applications?
We are currently in search of an IT Specialist for a Health Advocacy Organization. The position is based in Washington, DC. This is a full-time, temporary assignment.
ORGANIZATION TYPE: Health Advocacy Organization
LOCATION: Washington, DC
POSITION TITLE: IT Specialist
SCHEDULE: 40 hours/week
HOURLY PAY: $16.00 – $19.00/hour
Is This Your Dream Job? The IT Specialist will provide day-to-day desktop and network support to 100+ staff both in DC and other offices around the world. Technical support includes maintaining, configuring and troubleshooting desktop/laptop computers, software applications, phone hardware, printers and network hardware.
Our Ideal Candidate:
- High School Diploma Required
- A+, Network+, MCP, MCSE preferred
- 2 years of hands on experience supporting Windows XP and Windows 7 operating systems
- 2 years of hands on experience installing and troubleshooting hardware and software
- Some experience with virus/malware protection, detection and removal
- 2 years of excellent customer service experience
- Ability to assist or train users with MS office 2003-2010 applications
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Skilled in handling stressful situations in a professional manner
- Must consistently demonstrate a commitment to personal and team goals through flexibility, initiative, positive attitude and professionalism
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously
- Good understanding of web based technology
- Excellent troubleshooting and critical thinking skills
- Team-oriented with the ability to work independently
- Basic Microsoft Windows network administration skills. Familiarity with Networks, Windows domains and User management
- Ability to lift 50 lbs.
- Flexibility in terms of work schedule: some early morning, nights and weekend may be required as necessary
How You Will Spend Your Day:
- Assist staff and fellows with installation, configuration, and ongoing usability of desktop computers, laptops, peripheral equipment, and software.
- Troubleshoot hardware and software issues on-site, remotely, and via phone.
- Responsible for the laptop pool including loaning and receiving laptops, repairing and reconfiguring laptops, and maintaining the web-based log.
- Perform workstation setup including hardware configuration, software installation, and printer and phone connectivity.
- Provide information to staff and fellows on the capabilities and limitations of available software systems.
- Install and configure new systems, maintain current platforms of internal servers and networking equipment.
- Implement networking solutions, including routing, firewall rules and switching.
- Provide telephone support to the end-users on hardware, software, general use, questions, and network related problems.
- Provide technical support for internal and external onsite meetings.
- Provide timely responses to staff and fellows on IT requests.
- Provide conference and training room IT equipment setup (laptop, projector and videoconference equipment).
- Work with the Director of IT and the IT support specialist to prioritize all IT tasks. Appropriately escalate issues to the Director of IT as necessary.
- Responsible for daily network management and monitoring. Maintains fax, printer, copier, and conference room hardware.
- Work with vendors to resolve technical problems with desktop computing equipment, software, printers and phone system.
- Conduct basic end user training. Maintain Antivirus for workstations.
- Maintain equipment inventory
- Assemble, disassemble and move equipment
- Perform admin tasks as assigned by the office services supervisor when needed, such as covering the front desk, moving equipment, answering emails, working with vendors, (dis)assembling of furniture and equipment.
- Other IT and miscellaneous duties as required
We’d love to hear from you.
If this sounds like the job for you, we would love to help make that happen. Please submit a resume to email@example.com with “IT Specialist” in the subject line.
Know a friend who would be a great fit? Feel free to send us their resume as well!
Is this position not a great fit?
For more information about Careers In Nonprofits and our other available opportunities and workshops, please visit our website at www.careersinnonprofits.com.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we regretfully can only respond to those candidates who best meet the requirements of a specific position or whose backgrounds are generally applicable to our client base. Please rest assured that we retain all candidate information for possible future matches, even if you do not hear from us in regard to your application in response to this ad.