Do you have 2+ years of administrative support experience?
Are you great at juggling multiple personalities and priorities?
We are currently in search of a Junior Executive Assistant for a Consumer Association.The position is based in Arlington, VA. This is a full-time, temporary to permanent assignment.
ORGANIZATION TYPE: Junior Executive Assistant
LOCATION: Arlington, VA (Crystal City Metro)
POSITION TITLE: Junior Executive Assistant
SCHEDULE: 40 hours/week
HOURLY PAY: $15.00 – $16.00/hour
Is This Your Dream Job? The Jr. Executive Assistant will provide administrative and office management support to the President’s office, operations department and the membership team.
Our Ideal Candidate:
- College degree and/or a minimum of 2-4 years of prior professional work experience preferably in a similar role
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite with expertise in Excel and PowerPoint preferred
- Clear understanding and use of database software to process and maintain information
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Extreme attention to detail
- Strong customer service skills and able to remain calm under pressure
- Ability to maintain confidential or sensitive information and utilize discretion
- Self-directed with excellent project and time management skills
How You Will Spend Your Day:
- Provide daily administrative support for President’s Office
- Screen incoming calls for President’s Office to ensure continuity of coverage
- Communicate with members, partners and others to respond to inquiries, gather and confirm information
- Draft correspondence, general documents, forms and reports and maintain files
- Manage travel and expense account for President’s office including preparation of expense reports for President and CEO
- Coordinate and assemble all Board mailings
- Assist with other projects as needed or assigned
- Coordinate and execute dues renewal process for retail/wholesale and associate member programs as well as collect, process and track dues payments
- Generate prospect, new member and renewal letters and packets
- Compile budget information for department accounts and enter information into reporting system
- Maintain accurate information for members and prospects in the database from multiple sources
- Respond to, track and manage inbound membership inquiries via telephone and email members and prospective members regarding FMI events, membership and other related inquiries
- Administrative support to include: answer and screen incoming inquiries and appropriately respond to requests for information; prepare, proof, and edit documents and reports; create, categorize, and maintain project management files; manage project management schedules focused on critical deadlines
- Assists in scheduling member and prospect meetings, gathers and distributes FMI support materials for meetings and assists with follow-up
- Maintain vendor records and communicate when necessary, to include: ordering supplies, calling in maintenance requests and ensuring requests are completed
- Communicate with building management on building maintenance issues as needed
- Utilize Excel to prepare spreadsheets to track department procedures
- Assist with inventory of office equipment, furniture, and etc.
- As part of the Operations team, support the other functions of the team as needed, including but not limited to:
- helping with mail delivery
- sending and receiving shipments
- provide guidance to staff on general office protocols
- front desk coverage
- using a good working knowledge of the Operations Department processes in order to
- troubleshoot problems and field requests
- Assist with new hire orientation and staff
We’d love to hear from you.
If this sounds like the job for you, we would love to help make that happen. Please submit a resume to email@example.com with “Jr EA” in the subject line.
Know a friend who would be a great fit? Feel free to send us their resume as well!
Is this position not a great fit?
For more information about Careers In Nonprofits and our other available opportunities and workshops, please visit our website at www.careersinnonprofits.com.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we regretfully can only respond to those candidates who best meet the requirements of a specific position or whose backgrounds are generally applicable to our client base. Please rest assured that we retain all candidate information for possible future matches, even if you do not hear from us in regard to your application in response to this ad.