Do you have a passion for community outreach? Are you fluent in Spanish?
We are currently in search of a Latino Outreach Program Coordinator for a Social Services Organization.The position is based in Washington, DC. This is a Full-time, temporary assignment.
ORGANIZATION TYPE: Social Services Organization
LOCATION: Washington, DC (U-Street Metro)
POSITION TITLE: Latino Outreach Program Coordinator
DURATION: Temporary, ongoing
SCHEDULE: 40 hours/week
Is This Your Dream Job? The Latino Outreach Program Coordinator reports directly to the Community Programs Manager, and is responsible for conducting outreach and providing educational resources to the District of Columbia’s Latino and non-Latino communities with the overarching objective to increase awareness of domestic violence.
Our Ideal Candidate:
- BA/BS degree required, MA degree preferred
- Excellent written communication skills in English and Spanish, including the ability to perform word processing functions
- Prior experience teaching, training, or community outreach experience
- Familiarity with domestic violence and other violence against women issues
- Familiarity with social services in Washington, DC, including non-profit organizations and government agencies
- Ability to motivate individuals and groups
- Ability to work effectively with diverse groups and communities
- Comfortable working with sensitive issues and commitment to respecting the confidential nature of the programs and services offered
- Valid driver’s license and a clean driving record
- Ability to travel throughout the DC community using personal transportation
How You Will Spend Your Day:
- Create community outreach programs to educate the public on domestic violence issues
- Conduct outreach to the Latino and non-Latino community to develop opportunities for educational activities, and identify program partner organizations
- Design and conduct educational activities, such as workshops, seminars, and presentations on an on-going basis for varied audiences in both traditional and non-traditional settings
- Adapt, develop, and translate as needed, educational materials appropriate for the Latino and non-Latino communities
- Provide translation services for internal program documents to ensure full access by Latina clients and families
- Provide translation support to organization Hotline.
- Intensive, on-going community-building and networking, with both public and private service providers that serve the Latino community and other underserved populations
- Increase organization visibility in under-served communities
- Create and maintain an on-going calendar of events where the LOP Coordinator will engage in speaking and/or training on domestic violence prevention and intervention
- On an on-going basis recruit, orient, train, and supervise Spanish-speaking interns and volunteers, to assist with Latino outreach and education
- Establish a Latino Advisory Panel to work with staff and develop a comprehensive plan of action
- Conduct trainings for direct service providers and varied professionals on the dynamics of domestic violence and resources available to persons who speak only Spanish
- Conduct training sessions in Spanish and English on the dynamics of domestic violence and available resources for both nonresidential as well residential clients on an on-going basis;
- Collaborate with the direct service staff to ensure the effective delivery of services to clients who speak only Spanish
- Create and coordinate events celebrating Latino leadership in the arena of domestic violence prevention and service work
- Oversee annual English/Spanish Public Service Announcement campaign
- Meet with direct supervisor to address barriers to services and perform problem-solving
- Participate in all routine staff meetings, and other meetings as assigned
- Provide support to Development staff in securing funding for programs
- Complete weekly and monthly reports and submit to funder (s) and the Executive Director as needed
- Cover one (1) hotline shift per month or as needed
- Perform other duties as requested
We’d love to hear from you.
If this sounds like the job for you, we would love to help make that happen. Please submit a resume to email@example.com with “Latino Outreach Program Coordinator” in the subject line.
Know a friend who would be a great fit? Feel free to send us their resume as well!
Is this position not a great fit?
For more information about Careers In Nonprofits and our other available opportunities and workshops, please visit our website at www.careersinnonprofits.com.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we regretfully can only respond to those candidates who best meet the requirements of a specific position or whose backgrounds are generally applicable to our client base. Please rest assured that we retain all candidate information for possible future matches, even if you do not hear from us in regard to your application in response to this ad.