Are you a mission-driven professional who is passionate about women’s rights? Do you enjoy engaging with your community and donors? Are you empowered by achieving goals with your team and growing professionally?
We are currently in search of a Major Gifts Officer for an International Social Services Organization. The position is based in Washington, DC. This is a permanent position.
ORGANIZATION TYPE: International Social Services Organization
LOCATION: Washington, DC
POSITION TITLE: Major Gifts Officer
Is This Your Dream Job? As the Major Gifts Officer reporting to the Director of Development, you will be responsible for meeting major gifts revenue goals, as well as soliciting, stewarding, and cultivating individual gifts.
Our Ideal Candidate:
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 3-5 years of demonstrable development experience in soliciting and securing funds
- Experience building and managing a portfolio of individual major donors and foundation donors in the $5k-$50k segment
- Passionate about women’ rights; ambitious
- Able to work autonomously as well as collaboratively
- Willingness to grow, accept constructive feedback, travel
How You Will Spend Your Day:
- Manage a portfolio of family foundations and individual donors
- Cultivate, steward, and solicit major gifts from prospective donors
- Collaborate with Development team to create strategies that increase revenue
- Adhere to annual fundraising goals (approximately $750k-$1M) through meetings and soliciting prospects
- Plan special events for donors; recruit and support fundraising volunteers
- Use software (Salesforce) and department metrics to track and steward donors
We’d love to hear from you.
If this sounds like the job for you, we would love to help make that happen. Please submit a resume to email@example.com with “Major Gifts Officer” in the subject line.
Know a friend who would be a great fit? Feel free to send us their resume as well.
Is this position not a great fit?
For more information about Careers In Nonprofits and our other available opportunities and workshops, please visit our website at www.careersinnonprofits.com.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we regretfully can only respond to those candidates who best meet the requirements of a specific position or whose backgrounds are generally applicable to our client base. Please rest assured that we retain all candidate information for possible future matches, even if you do not hear from us in regard to your application in response to this ad.