Do you have 3-5 years of experience garnering donations of $5k and above?
Are you interested in working with a dynamic, mission-driven team?
We are currently in search of a Major Gifts Officer for an Advocacy Organization. The position is based in Washington, DC. This is a full-time, temporary to permanent assignment.
ORGANIZATION TYPE: Advocacy Organization
LOCATION: Washington, DC
POSITION TITLE: Major Gifts Officer
SCHEDULE: 40 hours/week
HOURLY PAY: $19.00 – $25.00/hour
Is This Your Dream Job? Responsible for creating, in concert with the CDO, best in class Major Gifts program within the Development Department. This is an exciting period of organizational advancement. This position is an ideal role for an ambitious and entrepreneurial oriented person who has experience meeting and achieving fundraising goals and working with high net worth individuals. S/he must be committed to building lasting donor relationships. The ideal candidate will be excited to help realize the potential in the existing donor file, be detail oriented, and able to juggle multiple priorities and stakeholders.
Our Ideal Candidate:
- Bachelor’s degree strongly preferred
- At least 3-5 years of Major Gift experience with documented record of achievement in meeting and exceeding revenue goals
- Has experience managing a portfolio of 200+ prospects
- Documented experience of garnering donations of $5,000 and above
- Experience and proficiency in donor-centered fundraising and moves management programs
- Demonstrated excellence in organizing projects, with the ability to manage multiple responsibilities and meet deadlines with grace
- Excellent writing skills
- Demonstrated ability to gain buy-in from both senior leadership and support staff
- Proficient computer skills; especially need to know Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Experience with cloud database software
How You Will Spend Your Day:
- Manage the primary Major Giving effort, ensuring the pipeline is sufficient to reach both target year-end goals and set up for achieving and exceeding long-range objectives
- Manage a Major Gift portfolio (140-180) of current and prospective contributors
- Provide recommendations for composition of portfolios to be handled by the President, Board and CDO
- Oversee Brady’s Major Giving society, and ensure stewardship benchmarks are being met, and benefits by giving level are delivered
- Research and prepare summary analysis papers/recommendations on potential Major Gift prospects
- Work with CDO and program staff to produce quality proposals and reports, focusing on multi-year grants
- Support major contributor participation at annual events and efforts to identify speakers and event honorees
Strategy, Systems and Management
- Work with CDO, Board Development Committee and senior team to execute the major giving plan, to include fine-tuning messaging and products to engage stakeholder
- Serve as primary liaison with regional fundraising councils
- Manage reporting process/system to update donors on the impact of their gift, including tracking proposal and membership benefit deliverables
- Manage the preparation and day-to-day tracking of Major Giving revenue and expense line to include providing support for financial reconciliation and re-projected forecasts to annual budgets as necessary
We’d love to hear from you.
If this sounds like the job for you, we would love to help make that happen. Please submit a resume to email@example.com with “Major Gifts Officer” in the subject line.
Know a friend who would be a great fit? Feel free to send us their resume as well!
Is this position not a great fit?
For more information about Careers In Nonprofits and our other available opportunities and workshops, please visit our website at www.careersinnonprofits.com.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we regretfully can only respond to those candidates who best meet the requirements of a specific position or whose backgrounds are generally applicable to our client base. Please rest assured that we retain all candidate information for possible future matches, even if you do not hear from us in regard to your application in response to this ad