Do you have 5 years experience in annual fund or major gift fundraising?
Are you a self-driven relationship-builder who enjoys working as part of a small development team?
Do you have experience cultivating, soliciting and stewarding donors for gifts of $10K+?
We are currently in search of a Manager of Individual Giving for a Healthcare Organization. The position is based in Chicago, IL. This is a permanent, full-time assignment.
ORGANIZATION TYPE: Healthcare Organization
LOCATION: Chicago, IL
POSITION TITLE: Manager of Individual Giving
Is This Your Dream Job? The Manager of Individual Giving will lead all annual and major gift efforts and manage the daily operations of the individual giving program. He or She will engage existing donors and work to build their giving capacity both in annual gifts and potential major gifts. The Manager of Individual Giving will serve as a liaison to the Board and will manage a portfolio of 75-100 donors. This position will report to the Vice President of Development and External Affairs and has no direct reports. Access to a car is strongly preferred.
- Health, Dental, Long and Short Term Disability and Life insurance, 403(b), etc.
- Dedicated staff, excellent vacation/sick leave package, flex spending accounts, etc.
Our Ideal Candidate:
- 5+ years experience in annual giving and major gifts, experience soliciting gifts of $10K+ strongly preferred
- Bachelor’s degree
- Familiarity with Raiser’s Edge, a plus
- Knowledge and experience in planned giving
- Demonstrated skill in building relationships with donors and team members
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Experience training and motivating volunteers for organization events
- Entrepreneurial spirit, self-starter who can receive feedback from multiple sources
- Team player, able to work with high-level staff members and executives
- Access to your own vehicle, this position is not easily accessible via public transportation
How You Will Spend Your Day:
- Overseeing annual giving; planning and implementing solicitation strategies including direct mail, phone and email correspondence
- Creating calendar of multi-channel communication
- Managing portfolio of 75-100 donors, 25% of which are major giving donors
- Soliciting and stewarding donors of $500+, guide donors towards higher giving levels
- Designing and implementing a major giving strategy plan
- Managing donor activity in Raiser’s Edge, creating research profiles for all new prospects
- Assisting with special event solicitations
- Creating giving metrics with the Vice President of External Affairs
- Serving as the Board liaison, attending all meetings and fundraising events
We’d love to hear from you.
If this sounds like the job for you, we would love to help make that happen. Please submit a resume to email@example.com with “Manager of Individual Giving” in the subject line.
Know a friend who would be a great fit? Feel free to send us their resume as well.
Is this position not a great fit?
For more information about Careers In Nonprofits and our other available opportunities and workshops, please visit our website at www.careersinnonprofits.com.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we regretfully can only respond to those candidates who best meet the requirements of a specific position or whose backgrounds are generally applicable to our client base. Please rest assured that we retain all candidate information for possible future matches, even if you do not hear from us in regard to your application in response to this ad.