Are you an accomplished leader in association development and governance?
Do you have at least 5 years of managerial-level experience in a healthcare association?
Have you developed and implemented strategies for association success?
We are currently in search of a Manager of State Associations Governance and Leadership for a Healthcare Association. The position is based in Northern Chicagoland. This is a permanent, full-time position.
ORGANIZATION TYPE: Healthcare Association
LOCATION: Northern Chicagoland
POSITION TITLE: Manager of State Associations Governance and Leadership
Is This Your Dream Job?
The Manager of State Associations Governance and Leadership is responsible for supporting the growth, development and success of state associations. He or She will manage the creation of online and live governance and leadership development resources, including the development of toolkits, templates, and content for the association website. This role will collaborate with state leaders and senior-level staff to identify new opportunities, and implement new information and manage online governance including continuing education. The Manager of State Associations Governance and Leadership will report to the Senior Director, State Management Affairs.
Our client is a respected association whose mission supports patient safety, outstanding health care practice and provides resources for its members.
- Health, Dental and Vision
- Vacation and PTO Time
- Many more additional benefits
Our Ideal Candidate:
- 5+ years managerial-level experience in an association, healthcare association experience strongly preferred
- Demonstrated experience developing and administering educational programs
- A Bachelor’s degree in related field of study relevant to this position required, Master’s degree or other leadership/training designations and experience in adult education are highly desirable
- CAE credential strongly preferred
- Strong computer and social media skills
- Demonstrated knowledge of association governance activities and Board functions
- Experience in developing continuing education content and knowledge of current e-learning technologies
- Strong problem-solving skills and ability to function as part of team
- Ability to delegate and make high-level management decisions
- Excellent communication skills, ability to work effectively with members, Board of Directors, Committee Members, etc.
- Strong written, oral and presentation skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, multi-tasker
- Dedicated, self-motivated, hard-worker
- Passion for the mission, customer service-oriented
- Ability to travel out of town (20% of the time), attend regular weekend meetings
How You Will Spend Your Day:
- Creating content for governance and leadership development for webinars, and trainings
- Assisting in the planning, marketing and logistics of nation-wide workshops, deliver trainings
- Collaborating with the Senior Director, State Management Affairs to oversee education course development
- Creating and tracking program goals, utilizing metrics to evaluate progress
- Preparing agendas, handouts, presentations, evaluations, tests, etc.
- Managing on-site logistics for meetings, collaborate with related staff
- Creating and implementing strategies to create a strong network among state associations
- Monitoring trends in management and governance best practices
- Evaluating the success of state associations, identify areas of improvement where needed
- Developing and managing programs for specific state association needs
- Managing budgets of special projects
- Coordinating orientation for board members and developing materials for success such as, role descriptions and development plans; providing general mentorship
- Managing the website content
- Traveling nationally to support board meetings
We’d love to hear from you.
If this sounds like the job for you, we would love to help make that happen. Please submit a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Manager of State Associations Governance and Leadership” in the subject line.
Know a friend who would be a great fit? Feel free to send us their resume as well.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we regretfully can only respond to those candidates who best meet the requirements of a specific position or whose backgrounds are generally applicable to our client base. Please rest assured that we retain all candidate information for possible future matches, even if you do not hear from us in regard to your application in response to this ad.