Are you a communications guru who enjoys engaging the community through social media?
Do you have a passion for education?
We are currently in search of a Marketing Associate for an Education Association. The position is remote with occasional check-ins at their office in Alexandria, VA. This is a full-time, temporary assignment.
ORGANIZATION TYPE: Education Association
LOCATION: Remote/Alexandria, VA
POSITION TITLE: Marketing Associate
DURATION: Temporary (~3 months)
SCHEDULE: 40 hours/week
HOURLY PAY: $15.00 – 16.44/hour
Is This Your Dream Job? The Marketing Associate will work with the Director of Communications to promote the brand and membership engagement across multiple platforms. Employee must be highly dependable with respect to stated work hours. Ability to work consistently and accurately is necessary. There is an anticipated conference taking place in Denver in July that would be mandatory event so the ability to travel is a must.
Our Ideal Candidate:
- A bachelor’s degree in communications, journalism or new media is preferred.
- Demonstrated experience writing and editing articles, press releases, website content and social media posts is preferred.
- Knowledge of AP Style strongly preferred.
- Knowledge of web-based technology and demonstrated use of social media networks including tools for media tracking, research, analysis, and targeted communications.
- Knowledge of media production, communication, and dissemination techniques and methods including alternative ways to inform via written, verbal, and visual media.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects in an evolving environment.
- Ability to create and drive communications plans.
- Strong educational and marketing writing skills for both print and electronic media.
- Ability to exercise independent judgment, take independent action and also work as part of a team.
How You Will Spend Your Day:
- Manage, develop and oversee content for official social media channels of the association including yearlong calendar and content for posts/tweets to all applicable social media outlets.
- Implement digital media and marketing strategies, campaigns, and tactics including brand/mission promotion, message development, member engagement, and media outreach.
- Use metrics and reporting to measure efforts’ success, adjusting as necessary.
- Monitor online community and encourage member engagement.
- Drive social media initiatives from concept to execution.
- Prepare a wide variety of marketing materials: news releases, blog posts, tweets, Facebook posts, op-eds, columns, and presentations.
- Produce monthly e-newsletter, press releases and other materials.
- Arrange promotional campaigns in all types of media for initiatives, programs, products, services and individuals within the association.
- Partner with other departments to ensure proper online message and relevancy, ensuring consistency of messages across multiple networks, preparing reports to update internal staff on usage statistics and continuous monitoring and coverage of all sites.
- Remain current in the rapidly evolving digital marketplace for best practices and platforms.
- Assist in other communications functions as needed.
We’d love to hear from you.
If this sounds like the job for you, we would love to help make that happen. Please submit a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Marketing Associate” in the subject line.
Know a friend who would be a great fit? Feel free to send us their resume as well!
Is this position not a great fit?
For more information about Careers In Nonprofits and our other available opportunities and workshops, please visit our website at www.careersinnonprofits.com.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we regretfully can only respond to those candidates who best meet the requirements of a specific position or whose backgrounds are generally applicable to our client base. Please rest assured that we retain all candidate information for possible future matches, even if you do not hear from us in regard to your application in response to this ad.