Are you a hyper-collaborative, data-led, dynamic, social media minded individual able to communicate the voice of a brand?
We are currently in search of a Marketing & Communications Associate for a Outreach & Education Organization. The position is based in Downtown Chicago. This is a temporary, full-time assignment.
ORGANIZATION TYPE: Outreach & Education Institution
LOCATION: Downtown Chicago
POSITION TITLE: Marketing & Communications Associate
DURATION: 3-6 Months
SALARY: Commensurate with experience
Is This Your Dream Job? The Marketing & Communications Associate Temp will be responsible for ensuring that inspiring stories from this organization’s movement reach the tens of thousands of people in our fast-growing network of college students, educators and administrators, every day. This person will work in collaboration with the Director of Marketing and organization-wide stakeholders in writing and editing online communications, especially for email and social media channels.
Our Ideal Candidate:
- Bachelor’s degree.
- 1-3 years of experience in communications and/or marketing with significant digital experience.
- Experience writing for online audiences – must be able to provide multiple relevant writing samples.
- Experience managing social media audiences – developing content, tracking posts, and interacting with audience members online; community management experience on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram preferred.
- Experience working with data and CRM systems. Excel experience is also important.
- Data-driven with knowledge of key metrics to evaluate email and social media channels
- Authorization to work in the United States.
- Experience with email marketing/communications and email marketing software (Exact Target, Mail Chimp, Constant Contact, etc.) Audience databases/constituent relationship management (CRM) tools like Salesforce, Raiser’s Edge, or eTapestry.
- Basic graphic design, photography, and/or video production experience.
- Basic knowledge of HTML
- Familiarity with project management tools and systems like Basecamp, Trello, etc.
- Nonprofit or higher education experience
- Experience of creating, monitoring and optimizing Google Adwords campaigns
- Ability to work independently and problem solve, bringing thought out solutions and recommendations to stakeholders and managers
- Ability to collaborate effectively with colleagues
- Ability to prioritize responsibilities, set goals, and communicate expectations with project stakeholders. The ability to follow through on ongoing projects is critical.
- Ability to operate with purpose, urgency, and accuracy in a deadline-driven environment, balancing various short-term and ongoing projects.
- Outstanding attention to detail and commitment to producing excellent communications
- Commitment to data-driven continuous improvement approach
- Ability to work independently under general supervision and in team environments.
How You Will Spend Your Day:
o Maintain email calendar – liaising with stakeholders to confirm pre-planned send dates and content details. Ensuring changes to schedules and content are reflected in email calendar
o Create emails (with any segmentation variables needed), using templates in Exact Target/Marketing Cloud and some HTML coding – some writing required, some content will be provided by stakeholders
o Quality assure and test send emails and acquire stakeholder sign off
o Create segmented data reports in Salesforce and send emails
o Track email performance and produce reports for Marketing Director and stakeholders as requested
o Report on overall email performance on monthly basis
o Work with Marketing Director to research, test, design and implement CRM based automated email journeys
- Social Media (owned, paid & earned):
o Maintain owned social media calendar – liaising with stakeholders to confirm pre-planned send dates and content details. Ensuring changes to schedules and content are reflected in email calendar
o Proactively search for/ask staff for 3rd party content to post that aligns with our brand and mission
o In collaboration with Marketing Director, create content for posts across Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn
o Manage social media communities and interactions in collaboration with Marketing Director
o Identifying network influencers & researching patterns in content consumption amongst target audience
o Monitor any brand and initiative mentions from third parties
o Track social media (owned) performance and report to Marketing Director weekly – with recommendations for post boosting opportunities
o Report on overall social media performance on monthly basis
o Assist with development and optimization of paid social media ads
o Track press coverage, citations through online listening tools and report to Senior Director of Marketing
- Other duties as assigned – e.g. administrative duties of taking meeting notes, building PowerPoint presentations
We’d love to hear from you.
If this sounds like the job for you, we would love to help make that happen. Please submit a resume to email@example.com with “Marketing & Communications Associate” in the subject line.
Know a friend who would be a great fit? Feel free to send us their resume as well.
Is this position not a great fit?
For more information about Careers In Nonprofits and our other available opportunities and workshops, please visit our website at www.careersinnonprofits.com.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we regretfully can only respond to those candidates who best meet the requirements of a specific position or whose backgrounds are generally applicable to our client base. Please rest assured that we retain all candidate information for possible future matches, even if you do not hear from us in regard to your application in response to this ad.