Do you have at least 5 years of marketing experience?
Are you a strategic project manager and critical thinker?
Do you enjoy working collaboratively to create new strategies?
We are currently in search of a Marketing & Communications Manager for a Civic & Social Organization. The position is based in Chicago, IL. This is a full-time, permanent position.
ORGANIZATION TYPE: Civic & Social Organization
LOCATION: Chicago, IL
POSITION TITLE: Marketing & Communications Manager
Is This Your Dream Job?
The Marketing & Communications Manager will play a pivotal role in the marketing and communications initiatives, helping the organization to engage and inspire key target audiences. The Marketing & Communications Manager will also coordinate with various program teams and specialists to devise outreach strategies and tactics. This role reports to the Senior Director of Marketing & Communications.
Our client is a Civic & Social Organization aspiring to educate and spread awareness about interfaith cooperation.
- 15 days of vacation to new hires
- Floating holidays for you to observe days that are important to you
- Free medical, dental and vision coverage for all full-time employees
- Coverage to dependents with only a small contribution from staff
- 403(b) plan with employer contributions
Our Ideal Candidate:
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field required
- 3-5 years of experience managing multiple marketing and communications projects with a high degree of organization and transparency required
- 3-5 years of experience in brand marketing, communications, or related disciplines required
- Background in non-profit or higher education institutions strongly preferred
- An expert understanding of fundamental principles of direct marketing
- Experience overseeing a pipeline of constituent relationships from initial engagement to deeper partnerships
- Experience with CRM prpgrams such as Salesforce strongly preferred
- Familiarity with common marketing and communications channels including but not limited to email marketing, online fundraising, social media strategies, data management, website and email analytics, photography and online video required
- Basic design literacy preferred
- Staff supervision/team management experience preferred
- Familiarity with major higher education associations, networks, and organizations
- Demonstrates a strategic mindset, with experience tying goals to strategies
- Occasional travel will be required, as well as occasional evening and weekend work
How You Will Spend Your Day:
- Develop marketing and communications strategies and tactical plans to promote programming and related content
- Draft and maintain ownership of an ongoing year-long strategic marketing plan designed to advance organizational objectives
- Project manage a suite of marketing initiatives to advance programs by– organizing project plans and timelines, communicating with stakeholders, contributing to strategy and creative approaches, collaborating with thought partners, and ensuring that project deliverables are completed to a high standard of excellence
- Supervise one Marketing & Communications Associate
- Support creative development and brand management by helping to craft communications, advertisements, and media experiences that advance the brand and strategically position the organization
- Collaborate with the team to help refine creative assets such as web, email, and social media content as well as collateral and print materials
- Manage a CRM-based pipeline of marketing prospects with regular personalized outreach to prospective partners
- Analyze marketing and communication channels and campaigns on a regular basis to determine efficacy and ROI
- Research new opportunities for campus marketing/outreach and test new tactics
- Assist colleagues in marketing and communications as needed
- Other duties as assigned
We’d love to hear from you.
If this sounds like the job for you, we would love to help make that happen. Please submit a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Marketing & Communications Manager” in the subject line.
Know a friend who would be a great fit? Feel free to send us their resume as well.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we regretfully can only respond to those candidates who best meet the requirements of a specific position or whose backgrounds are generally applicable to our client base. Please rest assured that we retain all candidate information for possible future matches, even if you do not hear from us in regard to your application in response to this ad.