Are you a self-motivated, self-starter with the capacity to manage multiple assignments simultaneously and meet deadlines?
Do you have 3-5 years of experience in PR or organizational communications?
Do you have working knowledge of Associated Press (AP) style?
We are currently in search of a Media Relations Coordinator for an Association. The position is based in Northern Chicagoland. This is a full-time, permanent position.
ORGANIZATION TYPE: Association
LOCATION: Northern Chicagoland
POSITION TITLE: Media Relations Coordinator
DURATION: Full-Time, Permanent
SALARY: $45,000 – $50,000
Is This Your Dream Job?
The Media Relations Coordinator generates a positive global brand image through proactive media engagement. The position serves as the key contact and liaison to the organization’s PR communications partners and additionally generates new ways for the organization and members to position themselves as industry experts.
Our client is a member-driven, international association of business professionals.
- Health, Dental and Vision Insurance
- 401k with employer match
- Vacation, PTO and Sick time
- Several other additional benefits included
Our Ideal Candidate:
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, journalism, public relations or related field
- Minimum 3 – 5 years professional experience in public relations, organizational communications or similar role
- Strong writing, editing and proofreading skills with an ability to follow a conservative, professional writing style
- Clear understanding of appropriate professional communication
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Ability to identify and implement creative solutions to problems
- Self-motivated, self-starter with capacity to manage multiple assignments simultaneously and meet deadlines
- Strong interpersonal communication skills with an ability to collaborate with colleagues at all levels of the organization
- Working knowledge of Associated Press (AP) style
- Experience working with ethnically and culturally diverse global audiences is a plus
- Some travel required
How You Will Spend Your Day:
- Craft and implement communications strategies to position the organization as the leader in the field
- Assist in the periodic review of communications strategies to evaluate effectiveness and identify new opportunities
- Write press releases, media alerts, letters to the editor, advertisements, web content, articles, blog posts, reports and other targeted communications to advance public relations initiatives
- Contribute content to social media accounts, including Facebook, Twitter, WeChat, Kakao, to promote core messages and reinforce the organization’s image
- Coordinate media interviews with organizational spokespersons, equipping them with relevant talking points
- Coordinate and manage on-site media opportunities and representatives of media outlets at meetings
- Monitor the global industry media to track overall coverage, evaluate campaign effectiveness and respond to breaking news
- Develop, cultivate and maintain a working relationship with national and local media contacts
- Pitch stories and ideas to local and national reporters
- Train spokespersons for the organization on key messages and interview techniques
- Provide collaborative support to address the communications needs of other departments by drafting, reviewing and editing content including letters, brochures, fact sheets and infographics
- Ensure consistent adherence to professional writing standards and house style through all communication channels
- General Communications Support: Develop templates/processes to streamline communications, develop/provide staff training on various communications platforms
- Assist with writing and editing publicity speeches, speaker introductions and bios
We’d love to hear from you.
If this sounds like the job for you, we would love to help make that happen. Please submit a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Media Relations Coordinator” in the subject line.
Know a friend who would be a great fit? Feel free to send us their resume as well.
Is this position not a great fit?
For more information about Careers In Nonprofits and our other available opportunities and workshops, please visit our website at www.careersinnonprofits.com.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we regretfully can only respond to those candidates who best meet the requirements of a specific position or whose backgrounds are generally applicable to our client base. Please rest assured that we retain all candidate information for possible future matches, even if you do not hear from us in regard to your application in response to this ad.