Do you have 1+ year of administrative experience?
Are you passionate about planning events?
We are currently in search of a Meetings Assistant for a Science Membership Organization. The position is based in Washington, DC. This is a temporary, full-time assignment.
ORGANIZATION TYPE: Science Membership Organization
LOCATION: Washington, DC
POSITION TITLE: Meetings Assistant
DURATION: Temporary ~3 months
HOURLY WAGE: $15.00-$17.00/hour
Is This Your Dream Job? The Meetings Assistant will assist staff in preparing for their fall event by managing the database and editing promotional materials.
Our Ideal Candidate:
• 1+ years of administrative experience
• Bachelor’s degree preferred
• Experience working in membership data a plus
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Customer service oriented
• Good organizational skills with attention to detail
• Must be proficient with Microsoft Office Suite
• Ability to manage time and be able to work independently
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
How You Will Spend Your Day:
• Maintain day-to-day operational responsibility for the online submission system and for assuring that the technical support is prompt and efficient
• Communicate with all the event registrants answering questions, assisting in scheduling and processing submissions
• After the conference, analyze all data and compile reports summarizing the meeting attendance for both historical and forecasting purposes
• Assist to produce meetings promotional materials, website and other related collateral
• Edit and proofs meetings materials
• Drafts and circulates meeting and conference call notes as needed to internal staff members
• Maintain a current policy and procedures manual for use by internal staff and ensure that prompt notice of changes in policies are communicated
• Develop and monitor the meetings time lines pertaining to program management; identify key deadlines and assures that all responsibilities are completed on schedule
We’d love to hear from you.
If this sounds like the job for you, we would love to help make that happen. Please submit a resume to email@example.com with “Meetings Assistant” in the subject line.
Know a friend who would be a great fit? Feel free to send us their resume as well!
Is this position not a great fit?
For more information about Careers In Nonprofits and our other available opportunities and workshops, please visit our website at www.careersinnonprofits.com.
**Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we regretfully can only respond to those candidates who best meet the requirements of a specific position or whose backgrounds are generally applicable to our client base. Please rest assured that we retain all candidate information for possible future matches, even if you do not hear from us in regard to your application in response to this ad.