Do you have experience securing sponsorships?
Are you ready to work for an organization dedicated to universal improvement?
We are currently in search of a Membership and Fundraising Coordinator for a Membership Organization. The position is based in Silver Spring, MD. This is a temporary assignment.
ORGANIZATION TYPE: Membership Organization
LOCATION: Silver Spring, MD (Silver Spring Metro)
POSITION TITLE: Membership and Fundraising Coordinator
DURATION: Temporary, On-going
SCHEDULE: 15 – 20/hours a week
HOURLY PAY: $13.00 – $15.00/hour
Is This Your Dream Job? The Membership and Fundraising Coordinator will work directly with the Executive Director to support activities for all membership initiatives as well as organize an ongoing fundraising and sponsorship campaign for conferences and events.
Our Ideal Candidate:
- 2+ years of membership and sponsorship experience required
- Experience establishing successful fundraising strategies on annual and campaign timelines
- Proficiency in iMIS strongly preferred
- Experience in Quick Books a plus
- Exceptional client and customer service
- Ability to work in a fast paced work environment that requires strong attention to detail, excellent time management, and self-starter mentality
- Excellent interpersonal skills, strategic thinker and results-oriented
- Ability to work under pressure, communicate effectively, and meet deadlines
How You Will Spend Your Day:
- Serving as contact for all membership inquiries and work to resolve questions as they arise and assist in direct communication strategies
- Driving membership renewals, retention, marketing, and consider new revenue streams for the Society
- Use information about current programs, operations, and potential fundraising opportunities to develop a fundraising plan
- Find new sponsorship partners to enhance fundraising efforts
- Overseeing data management, including the collection and organization of member information
- Generating regular membership reports on a weekly, monthly, quarterly, and annual basis, and prepare additional reports as requested
- Assisting with Annual Conference, meetings, and other events
- Providing general administrative support for office such as answering telephone calls, redirecting calls, taking and conveying accurate messages, processing incoming and outgoing mail and e-mail, maintaining office files and other resource document files, and providing additional support as needed.
- Other duties as assigned
We’d love to hear from you.
If this sounds like the job for you, we would love to help make that happen. Please submit a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Membership and Fundraising Coordinator” in the subject line.
Know a friend who would be a great fit? Feel free to send us their resume as well!
Is this position not a great fit?
For more information about Careers In Nonprofits and our other available opportunities and workshops, please visit our website at www.careersinnonprofits.com.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we regretfully can only respond to those candidates who best meet the requirements of a specific position or whose backgrounds are generally applicable to our client base. Please rest assured that we retain all candidate information for possible future matches, even if you do not hear from us in regard to your application in response to this ad.