Do you have experience working with a membership organization?
Are you customer service oriented?
We are currently in search of a Membership/Admin Assistant for a Nonpartisan Professional Association. The position is based in Washington, DC. This is a full-time, temporary to permanent assignment.
ORGANIZATION TYPE: Nonpartisan Professional Association
LOCATION: Washington, DC (Farragut Square)
POSITION TITLE: Membership/Admin Assistant
SCHEDULE: 40 hours/week
HOURLY PAY: $15.00 – $18.00/hour
Is This Your Dream Job? Active organization serving as a legislative liaison between government officials looking for a customer-service oriented person to join their team. This position with work directly with their Assistant Executive Director and serve as the first point of contact for members. Strong writers and social media lovers preferred.
Our Ideal Candidate:
- 2-3 years of administrative support required
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Membership or advocacy experience desired
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite, Mail Merge and Social Media
- Some experience with Accounts Payable and travel expenses a plus
How You Will Spend Your Day:
- Reaching out to members, answering questions and resolving issues
- Database maintenance
- Sending renewals and email blasts
- Connecting with community on social media
- Coordinating meetings
- Drafting correspondence as needed
- Processing invoices and travel expenses
- Other tasks as assigned
We’d love to hear from you.
If this sounds like the job for you, we would love to help make that happen. Please submit a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Membership/Admin Assistant” in the subject line.
Know a friend who would be a great fit? Feel free to send us their resume as well!
Is this position not a great fit?
For more information about Careers In Nonprofits and our other available opportunities and workshops, please visit our website at www.careersinnonprofits.com.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we regretfully can only respond to those candidates who best meet the requirements of a specific position or whose backgrounds are generally applicable to our client base. Please rest assured that we retain all candidate information for possible future matches, even if you do not hear from us in regard to your application in response to this ad.